Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What's for Dinner ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Very simple. What did you have for dinner and why ?

Lots of broccoli in the fridge, so I've had Broccoli, Pancetta and cheese Pasta bake. You ?

(I'm a lazy bastard and Deliveroo is allowed for the kids)

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gammon, egg and chips

Christmas gammon still on the go

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Leftover roast pork, with various varieties of cheese & crackers and home-made extra hot spicy pickled shallots. Followed by some fresh peeled prawns, Pringles and Tofiffee. Think there might be some TRIFLE still floating about as well.

God I love the Christmas-New Year void.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Leftover roast pork, with various varieties of cheese & crackers and home-made extra hot spicy pickled shallots. Followed by some fresh peeled prawns, Pringles and Tofiffee. Think there might be some TRIFLE still floating about.

God I love the Christmas-New Year void.
That is a person who knows their own mind and isn't going to be bound by tradition :wink:

In the Wz household we have the biggest trifle known to man that magically disappears from the fridge over the next week despite it never being served again :shrug:

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
After 3 days of leftovers and grazing . . .a very lazy takeaway pizza.

In my defence, we have been working with cars in the yard all day and are physically knackered.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That is a person who knows their own mind and isn't going to be bound by tradition :wink:

In the Wz household we have the biggest trifle known to man that magically disappears from the fridge over the next week despite it never being served again :shrug:
I just love grazing all night on random shit to "use it up". Not a proper dinner by any stretch of the imagination, but its Christmas, so the gloves are off.

I ate an entire trifle on Christmas night (over 2 shifts), probably reading crap on here and quaffing brandy till about 2am. I can't really remember, but it was all gone when I got up in the morning, and the hundreds and thousands were still out.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Finished the fridge Christmas left overs yesterday so we are on mission clear the freezer. Tonight was burgers with left over onion chutney in with home made wedges and coleslaw

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Goose stew, reheated red cabbage and fried potatoes with a cheeky Chronic Cellars red.

Using stuff up, obvs.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I’ve been to the chippy and had saveloy and chips with curry sauce. I was feeling too lazy to cook.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Homemade turkey soup (turkey stock made from the giblets and carcass, leftover veg - brussels, parsnips, Swede, peas, red cabbage, leftover pigs in blankets, leftover stuffing x2, leftover sausage meat with chestnuts. All this and more lobbed in and blitzed) with a run of double cream and port; leftover homemade gravadlax; leftover cheeses; bread; biscuits; grapes; decent wine; ferrero rocher; single malt

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Goose stew, reheated red cabbage and fried potatoes with a cheeky Chronic Cellars red.

Using stuff up, obvs.

Our goose was finished yesterday in a 'cottage pie' with carrots that I've done before but with with duck :thumbsup:

We had the red cabbage as well, but having slow cooked a lot of it on Xmas eve, there's now two big bowls in the freezer ready to re-appear over the next few months. Roast Pork, crackling and red cabbage ? :drool:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Went to Burnt Orange and had their BBQ chicken, miso aubergine (probably best of the bunch), fried cabbage, flat bread, Calamari, halloumi and cocktails.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Homemade turkey soup (turkey stock made from the giblets and carcass, leftover veg - brussels, parsnips, Swede, peas, red cabbage, leftover pigs in blankets, leftover stuffing x2, leftover sausage meat with chestnuts. All this and more lobbed in and blitzed) with a run of double cream and port; leftover homemade gravadlax; leftover cheeses; bread; biscuits; grapes; decent wine; ferrero rocher; single malt

I love gravadlax, with the mustard sauce. Do you have a recipe (I cheat and drive to Springs) :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here