Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What'll be next for the Amex Multiplex?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Quite. That's one thing we definitely don't need. Pretty sure the pavilion at the County Ground is a listed building so there are limited options to do anything with the ground anyway.

But I've never heard a whisper about moving, pretty sure everyone's happy where it is

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Botley!? http://www.botley.com/about-botley

Nice one. In that case Brighton has one, too. Fulking.

Silly boy. Ask Hiney. The retail park there is pretty big.

All off Botley Road near the cricket ground, have you been?

As skipper has pointed out to you, there is a supermarket / retail park in HEDGE END.

Botley is a village with about 2 shops.

I know. But have you been to the Aegeas Bowl.

Yes doug. I've been to the cricket ground, lots of times. And to M&S at Hedge End. And to sodding Botley. What's your point?

You're a moody sod today. You stated at the top of page 3 on this thread that there was no out of town retail park at Southampton when you had been through it to get to the cricket. That was my point. I know the area like the back of my hand and Botley and Hege End are next door to each other. Have a good day sir.

Because I'm bored, I'll humour you:

1. No. We've long since established that TCB was talking about a Bluewater style shopping centre, rather than a supermarket and a B&Q. Otherwise Brighton has an equivalent at Hollingbury and the entire discussion is pointless. I stated that there is no out of town shopping development, of the kind he referred to, on the edge of Southampton. There isn't.

2. If you suggest that I should drive through the Hedge End retail park to get to the cricket ground, then you really don't know the area like the back of your hand at all.

3. Botley and Hedge End indeed are nearby. Just like the Amex is near to Woodingdean. If I stated the Albion had built the stadium in Woodingdean, I'd be wrong. Just like you are.

Good day.

Good day to you too sir. Both are in Botley Road. I expect you forgot earlier, it's easily done. Hollingbury has very little retail.

I'm out too, no point discussing things with someone who is never wrong. Take care.

No need. We're done - he's agreed that I'm (always) right. :thumbsup:

But, you asked if I had been to the bowl, and stated that if I had, I'd have driven through it. I wouldn't be coming West along the M27, coming as I would be from Chandlers Ford. Knowing the area like the back of your hand, you ought to know that.

I thought you had finished. I know Chandlers Ford very well too, not a bad town but the industrial estate is a bit of a blot and the access to the motorway is awful.

Indeed. I wonder how many people come down Leigh Road and turn onto the M3 and then realize they can't turn off to Portsmouth.

A few, I guess, who'd not bothered to read a map, or plug in a sat-nav.

Yes it is. If you get off the tube at South Kenton and cross the road (To the East), through the little lane it's right in front of you. I know that area like the back of my hand. :smile:

This.

Would make a great addition to the AMEX complex :moo:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Aegis Bowl is in West End anyway.The road on the other side of the Sainos and M&S bit is named after a guitarist from the Rolling Stones for some reason.

If that is Charles Watts Way, he was (still is) the drummer. I presume there is more than one Charles watts.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bladders, you appear to have far too much time on your hands re-posting all that stuff --- I lost my will to live after reading half of it:rolleyes:

The subject matter was of no consequence, but it was a typical NSC handbags fest over bugger all.

A must for an expanding AMEX complex don't you think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here