Whatever happened to ScottyMac and Co?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aug 23, 2011
The trouble is some people don't have a sense of humour. You don't have to be on here, it's your own choice so if you don't like the rules go somewhere else. If you went and abused your boss at work you wouldn't last long so why should Bozza have to take it?

I have to stay a bit bemused by some responders and users on NSC.

Personally, I know there are moderators who likely dislike my own posts yet don't discriminate or threaten bans or suspensions etc.

A Spurs pal was recently extolling the virtues of their site for variety of subjects and strong monitoring that prevailed against in-fighting.
I had to mention NSC for being all of that, and think it's possibly more.

Yes, maybe if I was a newbie and stuck a pugnacious oar in with impunity it might bother the mods and bozzas more than having been doing same since the site was born.
But jabs at people for having any authority on NSC would be silly and futile. Some still do it, but there you are, they fit that description.

As for owners of other websites, they could know better than to call other website-creators names. That's even sillier than silly.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It seems there are a few bannings that are slipping under the radar and not appearing in the 'Moderating decisions' which is a bit odd, considering that the inconsequential spammers get a mention.
Indeed. I don't give a toss about the fate of spammers but when regular or semi-regular posters get banned it would be nice to know about it and the reasons. If nothing else it would show how the rules are being interpreted/enforced and gives everybody else a clear idea of the boundaries.

I'm guessing the reason the bans don't get listed is because the reasons are sometimes a bit trivial and make the 'banning' mod look a bit of a prat.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I would BAN El Pres for his CONSTANT kissing of Murrays ARSE :angry: :angry: :angry:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On a serious note, Bozza has always said that he wants NSC to be like a pub on matchdays, where you talk not just football but any old bollocks, and for me this is what sets it apart from other discussion boards.

If it is a pub, then he's the landlord, and it isn't wise to call the landlord names is it?

There is a LOT of crap that he has to deal with behind the scenes, and NSC keeps me sane at times, especially as an exile.

I'm saying this as the owner of one of the 'rival' sites too!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Which 'rival' site are you involved with El P?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Indeed. I don't give a toss about the fate of spammers but when regular or semi-regular posters get banned it would be nice to know about it and the reasons. If nothing else it would show how the rules are being interpreted/enforced and gives everybody else a clear idea of the boundaries.

I'm guessing the reason the bans don't get listed is because the reasons are sometimes a bit trivial and make the 'banning' mod look a bit of a prat.

To be fair to Bozza, he adressed this in his post on this thread as I think he was referring to my post. I must admit to mine being slightly loaded, as I know SM was in Sofia when he got banned and later mentioned it on NSP. I could see no record on the 'Moderating decisions' page which is why I posted what I did with the idea of gleaning the information. Bozza has explained his reasons and mentioned his shortcomings which deserves a lot of respect. Fair play.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
tumblr_lmxkopqttR1qfcghao1_400.gif

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
An NCSless life would be devastating..... Im not sure which is more important ot me, wife or NSC.... (i think shed say NSC) so Bozza, ban who you like (as long as its not me)/

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I can't begin to imagine the time and effort that has gone into this site for us. Bozza doesn't "want" anything from it, no money, no huge acclaim, but taking pointless, and meaningless digs from the same people time after time, who - as people who run sites - should know better, is just unacceptable.

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports