Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever happened to ScottyMac and Co?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Shame to see proper Albion fans banned from this site, but dozens of piss taking south Londoners allowed to defecate absolutely everywhere.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They can't SERIOUSLY have been banned because they run a rival website?!

Of course they haven't, as...

i) Said 'rival site' has existed for years, I believe.
ii) Many NSCers run Albion themed sites or 'rival sites' as some seem to be calling such things.

Repeatedly having a dig at me such as calling me a prick for no good reason and saying I am spoiling NSC by being 'a petty owner' is the reason.

I've put a ridiculous number of hours into running NSC over the years. I might get things wrong on occasion, but I think, by and large, NSC has been a tremendous success both for Albion fans and for the club itself. If you just want to continually snipe away at me then just please go somewhere else - and I'm happy to help you on your way.

One point in the above is correct - I started the 'moderating decisions' sub-forum in order that all user bans etc could be announced. This was done in a spirit of complete transparency as, on many boards, a user may just 'disappear' and other users have no idea as to why. I should ensure I maintain this transparency at all times.

(This is the first and last reply from me on this subject but, as ever, I am happy to discuss things via PM or email.)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Of course they haven't, as...

i) Said 'rival site' has existed for years, I believe.
ii) Many NSCers run Albion themed sites or 'rival sites' as some seem to be calling such things.

Repeatedly having a dig at me such as calling me a prick for no good reason and saying I am spoiling NSC by being 'a petty owner' is the reason.

I've put a ridiculous number of hours into running NSC over the years. I might get things wrong on occasion, but I think, by and large, NSC has been a tremendous success both for Albion fans and for the club itself. If you just want to continually snipe away at me then just please go somewhere else - and I'm happy to help you on your way.

One point in the above is correct - I started the 'moderating decisions' sub-forum in order that all user bans etc could be announced. This was done in a spirit of complete transparency as, on many boards, a user may just 'disappear' and other users have no idea as to why. I should ensure I maintain this transparency at all times.

(This is the first and last reply from me on this subject but, as ever, I am happy to discuss things via PM or email.)

Maybe this post should go on the moderating decisions board?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Banning Scotty Mac, and whoever else, was about on a par with closing the site when Apple are announcing something. Blatant abuse of power.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Banning Scotty Mac, and whoever else, was about on a par with closing the site when Apple are announcing something. Blatant abuse of power.

Eh? He owns the site, you drongo. He can do whatever he bloody well likes with it. Bozza provides a free service so none of us really have a leg to stand on with complaining about what he chooses to do. If you don't like it then I guess you are always welcome to starting your own.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Someone calls him a prick and they get banned. While I appreciate it's exactly what I'd do it's probably not the best way to hit back at claims of pettiness! :lolol: :dunce:

NSC is running well though and even held out under record users during Vicente-gate so well done Captain [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. The good ship NSC is obviously in good shape! Albiet with a couple of users thrown overboard!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Someone calls him a prick and they get banned. While I appreciate it's exactly what I'd do it's probably not the best way to hit back at claims of pettiness! :lolol: :dunce:

I think the bit you missed is continually snipe away. I think it's fair play to Bozza. Funny how all the people that moan about NSC and Bozza still kept on posting though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Eh? He owns the site, you drongo. He can do whatever he bloody well likes with it. Bozza provides a free service so none of us really have a leg to stand on with complaining about what he chooses to do. If you don't like it then I guess you are always welcome to starting your own.

He runs it very well, don't get me wrong. It's not a big issue, but closing down NSC because of an Apple product launch? How can that be descirbed as anything but an abuse of power.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As in, he does that as a joke, rather than 'it's a joke' that he does it!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's a JOKE.

You call that a joke? I don't agree at all, but as I said, it's not a big issue. Just thought it was worth raising within the context of this thread. If Bozza wants to close it, that's his decision to make, but I come on here for general football talk, not to be told Apple are releasing some new product of some kind.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Loving the "We are Brighton" advert at the top of the page............................kinda proves (or possibly disproves) a point

Everyone I know does things that piss me off from time to time, that's life. But people who deliberately disrespect me don't often get a second chance.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You call that a joke? I don't agree at all, but as I said, it's not a big issue. Just thought it was worth raising within the context of this thread. If Bozza wants to close it, that's his decision to make, but I come on here for general football talk, not to be told Apple are releasing some new product of some kind.

This post just about sums up this website at the minute. Petty, moany, needless whining over nothing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Crikey when Bozza does the closing for the apple thing its not for long and it is just a bit of FUN.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What a bizarre thread.

For my two-penneths worth, I think Bozza does an incredible job, and it's only when NSC goes down for some reason that I realise just how much I rely on the place, and therefore how grateful I am to Bozza for providing, and running it. The irony is that the better the site is run, teh less it goes down, and therefore the less I realise how much gratitude Bozza deserves from us all.

I can't begin to imagine the time and effort that has gone into this site for us. Bozza doesn't "want" anything from it, no money, no huge acclaim, but taking pointless, and meaningless digs from the same people time after time, who - as people who run sites - should know better, is just unacceptable. If he decides to make them walk the plank of the good ship NSC, then that's fine by me. Maybe they'll miss the site, and return on bended knee, with manners next time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here