What your favourite curry ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
I'm rather partial to a Lamb Achari Goscht on the bone, plain naan and side order of Aaloo Channay, and lots of lime pickle!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Being of Burmese parentage I have been brought up with curries since I was knee high to a grasshopper (60's), and proper home made ones, not this food you get in the restaurants that taste identical (although I do like them). Also because I love cooking I brought my own curry to the table, so to speak, based on my mums and other family member curries. Proper curries don't really have names as such so my favourite curry is curry! But meat wise it takes a lot to beat a lamb flavoured one.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
chicken bhuna all day long.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Took the wife for her Christmas present the other week to see the stage play Warhorse (superb) had a look round Covent Garden before the show, and found Masala Zone in Floral Street. There specialty is Thalis a large platter including a dish of your choice with an accompaniment of many side dishes and pickles. One of the finest Indian meals I have tasted and excellent service from very friendly and helpful staff. It is, I think more true Indian food than the usual Bengali Indian food. As we were heading for the theatre we ate early, and it was quite empty, but on leaving the queue was out the door and down the road!
They apparently are a fast growing chain and have several branches in London well worth a look if you are up there.

Masala Zone |Good Value Indian Restaurants in London with Delicious Taste | Popular Indian Restaurants in London.

Masala Zone are awful mate, like the McDonalds of Indian food chains here in London. The original Indian curry house that spawned Masala Zone is based just off Regents Street and is much more the real deal, called Veeraswamy. Try it if you ever get the opportunity.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I used to love curry (usually a tikka bhuna, ceylon or pathia), then I lived in India and not really liked one since I came back, as none really compare. I now prefer all the breads and starters over the curry. Normally go for a lamb biriyani, with a hot veggie curry side now

Sep 1, 2010
Lamb Jalfresi or Chicken Tikka Masala. Would love an Indian right now. Any offers for picking me one up?

Sent from my iPaella using Tapastalk

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Any meat curry is wasted unless it involves lamb... I tend to go with the mood I'm in TBH.... A good curry depends on where you go for it IMHO.

BTW, anyone that drinks anything other than a cold beer must be clueless... You can't taste a good wine if you're eating curry anyway, so what's the point of that?

I make my own from scratch now and then and they are the best I have tasted, even if I do say it myself!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports