Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What your favourite curry ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got back from Th Ganges where I had my usual of cobra, 2 poppadoms, prawn purée starter and lamb Vindaloo. I also had a nice chat with the gentleman and Ganges stalwart that is Jack Straw.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Any meat curry is wasted unless it involves lamb... I tend to go with the mood I'm in TBH.... A good curry depends on where you go for it IMHO.

BTW, anyone that drinks anything other than a cold beer must be clueless... You can't taste a good wine if you're eating curry anyway, so what's the point of that?

I make my own from scratch now and then and they are the best I have tasted, even if I do say it myself!

I agree with the ice cold beer bit!!! Can't drink anything else with a ruby x

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I had an epic chicken jalfrezi balti from the Green Chilli (Nizam) in Haywards Heath last night.

God it was good :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have heard various good reports of the curry at Nizam so I assume you would recommend it. The one down the road can't remember its latest name , just past KFC is forever changing hands so assume that is not very good. I usually get one delivered from either Didar Boltro Rd or Ganges in Sussex Rd.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Someone mentioned Naga, and I am a bit partial to it so long as they give it a bit more heat! Phal is ok but because it is about heat and not flavour it doesn't really hit the spot.

I get asked so many times about why do I eat very spicy hot. Simple really, it doesn't burn the mouth off me like it would with others so I do taste it and I like a 'bite' to my curry.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Chicken biriani from the Taste of Bengal in Worthing is perfect for my delicate palate.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Chicken Tikka Pathia or King Prawn Jalfrezi

Definately Chicken Tikka Pathia, garlic naan, pilau rice... Washed down with ice cold Cobra - I'm actually wanting one right now for breakfast!!
Also, love Prawn Puri for starters, prawns in a spicy tomato sauce served on a flaky unleven bread. Amazing.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Vegetable ceylon, mushroom rice and peshwari naan - delicious.

Does anyone know any good Indian takeaways in the Kemptown area? I'm yet to find one that I would order from again since I moved to this side of town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here