Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Year did you starting watching and supporting the Albion ? If you can remember.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I really can't remember what year, who we played or the result. I'm guessing it would have been about 1974 or 75. I do remember that my first Palace game was 1979. I did have a gap in my support through the wilderness years at Gillingham and Withdean, mainly due to work taking me to live in places like Cyprus and north-east Scotland.

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
Late 70's for me. Don't remember much tbh, although must have impressed me enough to drag friends along and became regulars from 1983/84 season onwards (aged 13). S.T holder for many years, until demise of the Goldstone. Pregnancies and lack of funds meant I was exiled during Gillingham years, although did manage to take both my daughters to Withdean. Eldest was 4 v Notts County 2002, youngests first game was the play off finals when she was also 4. Must say that her 2 memories of that day were asking us if we could get everyone to be quiet as she wanted to sleep (!) and the Robert Eaton Memorial flag passing over her head-she was in absolute awe!

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Think it was 1990 ? .... at the Goldstone , 1-1 with Oldham .... only things I can remember was John Keeley in goal and the old boy selling the Evening Argus.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
8th October 1977

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
1958 seem like a life time ago, come to think about it , it is. Once its in your blood its there for life, so many memories, so many ups so many downs

Same here beat Sunderland 2-0 Dec, 58......was 19 as Dad was'nt interested in football and never took me...joined the Navy at 15 in 1954

D

Deleted User X18H

Peter Grummitt's testimonial in 1977 I think. Although York City rings a bell in 76. No one to ask the old man is long gone.

Deffo at the Arsenal game on 18th August 1979.

First game without my Dad was Ipswich in August 1982. An interesting season.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
1953/4 season. Paid 9d (4p) to get in, hence my user name. An adult was charged 1/9 (9p).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Peter Grummitt's testimonial in 1977 I think. Although York City rings a bell in 76.

You'd remember that surely - 7-2 (2-2 at half-time). Although it was a featured game on Match of the Day (one of their rare forays into the third tier), so perhaps you remember watching it on the telly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here