Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Year did you starting watching and supporting the Albion ? If you can remember.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Just interested to know how long most people have been supporting the albion.
about 30 odd years for Myself went to a packed Goldstone can't even remember who we were playing just know I got the bug.
Sorry if already been done.

March 1953. Home to Swindon, lost 2-1. Been downhill ever since!

So you'll have seen Jimmy Langley playing for the Albion then - awesome!

August 1960 for me. Beat Bristol Rovers 6-1; Thorne 4, Curry and ANO. Was delighted to answer the "Who's Eric Gill?" question in WSU during HT at the Watford game.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
1955. We do one of these a week, still it gets my post count up I suppose.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Albion since I've been into football as a kid , watching since I was old enough to go on my own

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
1974 I think. Remember zilch about my first game either - except for a certain Mr O'Sullivan.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
'62. Roy Jennings with his shorts hitched up at the side. Bloody legend. There was even a bubble gum card of him at the time.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
January 31, 1976. 1-0 at home to Mansfield (own goal, I think).

I have a bit of a thing about matches against Mansfield.

The following season when we played them it was a top two clash, which we won 3-1. It was on my birthday so my folks came and we all had tickets in the West Stand. Wardy scored a couple I think and I got to meet him after and get his autograph.

Next season, we thrashed them 5-1.

Then there was the boycotted match at the Goldstone (intially suggested on these very pages by someone or other...), and of course the 6-0 at Withdean, first game back in Brighton.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brighton 2 - 0 Wrexham 24.10.1970

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
1977/78 Season...3-1 win against Spurs....worst trouble ever seen at the Goldstone, but it didn't put me off...i was hooked!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here