Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Year did you starting watching and supporting the Albion ? If you can remember.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Must have been end of 1963 or beginning '64, my dad took me along with some of his mates, can't remember who we were playing (nor can my dad) but Norman Wisdom sang Sussex By The Sea before the match. I thought that was going to happen every match! I'm afraid I embarrassed my dad by asking who the man in black was but he forgave me and did take me again.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1974 would of been about right for my first game the crowds must of been 20,000 plus then if not more, or did it just feel like it because I was very young ?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
1979. Can't remember the opponents ( it was a pre season match which narrows it down I s'pose), but I do remember watching from the West Stand

hoyci

Aug 8, 2011
eastbourne
First game 1988 lost to Chelsea wasn't really into football that much as I had just discovered girls. Still followed results. Started proper support in 1999

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
1963 aged 5

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Must have been end of 1963 or beginning '64, my dad took me along with some of his mates, can't remember who we were playing (nor can my dad) but Norman Wisdom sang Sussex By The Sea before the match. I thought that was going to happen every match! I'm afraid I embarrassed my dad by asking who the man in black was but he forgave me and did take me again.

Promotion game from old Div 4

January 31, 1976. 1-0 at home to Mansfield (own goal, I think).

I have a bit of a thing about matches against Mansfield.

The following season when we played them it was a top two clash, which we won 3-1. It was on my birthday so my folks came and we all had tickets in the West Stand. Wardy scored a couple I think and I got to meet him after and get his autograph.

Next season, we thrashed them 5-1.

Then there was the boycotted match at the Goldstone (intially suggested on these very pages by someone or other...), and of course the 6-0 at Withdean, first game back in Brighton.

Jan 78, my debut

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
6th Nov 1982, vs Man Utd. We won 1-0 thanks to a goal by Peter Ward, I was 7. First season I really remember going regularly was the 87/88 promotion season when we went up from Div 3 behind Sunderland.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
1953 as a 6 year old, but I can't remember who we played. First game I can remember who we played was Tonbridge in 1954 and I think we won 5-0.

In reponse to an earlier post, Jimmy Langley was one of the finest left backs I have ever seen. Sheer class.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here