Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would make you miss the Playoff final?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anybody know the semi final dates?

Exact dates currently not determined - depends on sky scheduling.

First leg 9th/10th May
Second leg midweek the following week.

Missing the second leg, as in Ukraine, but back for Final ( if we get there ) :drink:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Brighton not being there would put me off somewhat.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The threat of being charged as AWOL as I was on Cup Final day 1983 - threatened that is, not charged. Had a ticket, but my sergeant wouldn't sign my leave application. :rant:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We have decided to forgo the half-term holiday in case we get there but there are other reasons as need eldest to visit his grandparents prior to leaving the UK.

Whether we get there or not remains to be seen however half-term in October will be a much better holiday.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
bit topical for me this at the moment,
trying to arrange something super important, obviously the 4th is out question, as is the last weekend of May, but cant find any potential semi final dates?

(sorry, just seen earlier post this time...)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Missed final Goldstone game because after a dry spell I pulled the night before and instead spent the day trying to google my way through a horrific hangover.
Very good looking lass considering I'd pulled her after reaching blackout drunk.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Exact dates currently not determined - depends on sky scheduling.

First leg 9th/10th May
Second leg midweek the following week.

Missing the second leg, as in Ukraine, but back for Final ( if we get there ) :drink:

Thursday or Friday? Bit odd.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
It only dawned on me last night that i'm on holiday. This now ensures that it will be Palace we meet at Wembley and the other football fans also drinking at the spanish bar i'm in will think i'm a sad **** as i sup lager in the stripes alone in the corner. :facepalm:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If we made it what would make you miss the playoff final.

I might be out of the country so this could be taken out of my hands, although im fighting very hard for this not to happen.

But I honestly think if we made it to the final it would be one of the greatest days ever. Its got to take a lot to miss this one.

A very, very large sum of money, although I missed Cardiff due to my wife having a 'zero' birthday.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
if your gf or wife or partner was having your baby on the same day as the play offs final

The question was about you. Why did you try to guess other people's potential reasons? :shrug:

Only my wife, one of my kids or myself being hospitalised would stop me going. Sorry, sis!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
My funeral.

Would like to agree with [MENTION=17936]catfish[/MENTION] but no ****er would there including wife & kids :) other than croaking it, sweet fa would stop me!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
My uncle got married to my auntie in 1966 and guess what day they picked for the wedding :facepalm:

Similar. I was on holiday with my parents on the day of the World Cup Final. We were in a caravan, in Dunwich, miles from civilisation, no telly or radio. I watched the final a few weeks later in colour at the cinema.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here