Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What was better in the 90s than today?

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Neatly-trimmed bushes

GettyImages-453083415.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As a kid in the 1990s, Saturday morning TV. Live & Kicking and SMTV live. Now it's all cooking shows or the news.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Football

Watching the Becks documentary and seeing the real madrid team (yes I know that was very early 2000s) got me trying to explain to my wife how exciting Champions League nights used to be as you would talk all day at school (born 86) about that evenings match and then set up in front of the TV for every second of the build up if someone like Real Madrid, Barca etc was on.

Add into that, Football Italia. Glorious.

The ease at which we can watch football now and the domination in the transfer market of the PL has meant watching the big boys of Europe has lost a lot of it's excitement and sadly diluted things like the world cup etc as we get to see these players all the time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People going to gigs and not rabbiting all the way through and treating the show as background. When I open my music venue any talking and filming of shows will be prohibited.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PS there's plenty of good music around these days, it's just as good as the 90s.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
People going to gigs and not rabbiting all the way through and treating the show as background. When I open my music venue any talking and filming of shows will be prohibited.
Agree, plus actual paper tickets to collect rather than a bar code.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here