Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What was better in the 90s than today?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
You could make a twat of yourself with school mates and do really really dumb stuff without it being filmed.

People attending live events watched them with their eyes.

But the big one is PUNCTUALITY - before mobile phones you arranged to meet at a time and you got there. These days people seem to think that being late is fine because you call and warn someone.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The 90s were so much fun. Make a twat of yourself? Doesn't matter, no one is taking pictures and even if they are it won't be developed for 6 months. No one was cool as it didn't have to go on Instagram, ladette culture kicked in and your Mrs was more pissed than you were. All I really remember is being pissed a lot.

I tell you what else was better. Blast away. Diamond white and Castaway in a pint glass. 5 pints and you'd be utterly bollocksed. Tasted like lilt. Now its served as Elvis Juice by some Brewdog Wanker.

Bring back the 90s.

Buying my first computer and writing my first useful program. In them days you REALLY needed a good head and patience to write something productive.
These days it seems 90% of code is written by AI. IF I hadn't already been made redundant 3 years ago I would have been now!
Ai may be useful but the world is not ready for the implications to jobs it's going to have in the next few years

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
But the big one is PUNCTUALITY - before mobile phones you arranged to meet at a time and you got there. These days people seem to think that being late is fine because you call and warn someone.
Someone asked me recently how I managed without a mobile phone when making arrangements and so on (I still don't have a personal phone). I basically said the same as you. They asked 'but what about if someone's late, or can't make it' - my response was that you just had another pint whilst waiting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here