Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What transfer business do you think needs to be done in January?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We’ll only do a deal if there’s one there to be done. We are closer on points to 4th than 18th and if we can mirror the first half + a couple of wins we should be 9th-13th comfortably

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Realistically we're not getting relegated this season, and January is difficult for getting a good deal, so I could definitely see the club wait til summer for the striker signing. But that top 10 finish is in grasp, so who knows.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
That’s what I heard from someone last night - apparently he showed up at a local club and was chatting about it. Be interesting if he is.

Is his imminent loan the reason he wasnt on the bench last night maybe? Or have i missed an injury/covid?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
That’s what I heard from someone last night - apparently he showed up at a local club and was chatting about it. Be interesting if he is.
Connolly in a club sounds more than plausible [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I just wanted to keep it quiet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good answer!

I think you will get your wish.We will be signing a striker,especially jf Connolly is off to Boro.We also have Welbeck fit again and look a different team when he and Maupay are together.We also have Zeqiri and Sima for next season,along with Ferguson and Tolaj coming through

I hope you had a good Xmas.A return to the stone age is not imminent!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Good answer!

I think you will get your wish.We will be signing a striker,especially jf Connolly is off to Boro.We also have Welbeck fit again and look a different team when he and Maupay are together.We also have Zeqiri and Sima for next season,along with Ferguson and Tolaj coming through

I hope you had a good Xmas.A return to the stone age is not imminent!

Loving the optimism Frank. And I hope you had a great Christmas too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have the luxury of a comfortable position and not being held to ransom or being desperate for a deal. If necessary for the right player wait until the summer. I personally wouldn’t be concerned if we didn’t have any major signings this Jan. If a deal is there to be done then great, but think Tony is cautious in Jan anyway, so can see it being fairly uneventful for us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We could well at long last finally get our sell-on fee for Steve Cook this January.

Might not amount to much but in these Covid times every little helps.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What's the story with Steve Cook? I saw he was off to QPR - but thought he was a big part of Bournemouth still?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
With our injury situation eased and Welbeck back playing we might not see many/any incomings. If a deal is there to be done then great, but i could see us leave the striker situation for better deals in the summer, and rely on Maupay, Welbeck, Trossard, and Ferguson until then. Connolly looks to be gone, and hopefully Andone and Locadia will follow out the door.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What's the story with Steve Cook? I saw he was off to QPR - but thought he was a big part of Bournemouth still?

He rarely gets in the ‘Muff squad now. I think he was so desperately in love with Smug, he found it hard to perform for anyone else.

I wonder if we’re getting a percentage?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With our injury situation eased and Welbeck back playing we might not see many/any incomings. If a deal is there to be done then great, but i could see us leave the striker situation for better deals in the summer, and rely on Maupay, Welbeck, Trossard, and Ferguson until then. Connolly looks to be gone, and hopefully Andone and Locadia will follow out the door.

I’d love for Connolly, Locadia and Andone to have their situations sorted away from the Amex.

But in terms of ‘better deals in the summer’, there’ll be a number of players into the last 6 months of their contracts we might be a to snag as their parent club decide to take a fee instead of the player leaving on a free.

We represent a hugely attractive option as a stepping stone to players not only wanting to play EPL football but to eventually play EPL football at a Big Six side.

Take a look at this lot, some very attentive options:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/detailsuche/spielerdetail/suche/32303337

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He rarely gets in the ‘Muff squad now. I think he was so desperately in love with Smug, he found it hard to perform for anyone else.

I wonder if we’re getting a percentage?
Yes, we have a sell-on. 10% or 20% I think of anything over 150K.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here