Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What transfer business do you think needs to be done in January?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Goalkeepers

No need to do anything here which is also most likely what will happen.

Defenders

Could see Haydon Roberts going to loan in the Championship. After his not so successful spell in Rochdale I dont think there was much interest from clubs above League Two, which was probably below the level Albion wanted. His performances in the Caribbean Cup should have changed that so I think we'll see him in the Championship. Other than that I doubt anything will happen with the first team defenders, with the outlandish exception of Newcastle possibly wanting Geordie BDB in their fight for survival. But I expect the defense to remain the same with the exception of Roberts.

Midfield

Team is still a bit heavy on midfielders. Taylor "Taylor-Richards" Richards should and probably will go on loan. I would also not be shocked if Ali Mac went on a six month loan somewhere. The odd chance that a fat bid comes for Bissouma cant be ruled out and in that case I'd expect Caicedo to come back. As for signings I think it is very unlikely unless someone leaves. All that said, most likely outcome is that Richards go on loan and that nothing else happens.

Strikers

Obviously the position where there it is most likely something will happen.

This is probably when Connolly finally goes on a loan unless there's some hidden issue that keeps him off the mathday squad, in which case it can be difficult to move him around. Locadia will obviously go if there is any sort of interest in him. If Cadiz are able to send Andone home, they will. If Locadia and Andone are in the squad I think any recruitment is highly unlikely but if they both **** off and even in the case Locadia would still be around, I think it isnt impossible that a striker arrives either on loan (generally not what TB wants, but in this case it could be a good idea) or permanently.

Summary:

Most likely: Roberts, Richards and Connolly out on loan. No one coming in.

What I'd like: Roberts, Richards, Connolly out on loan, Locadia sold, Striker X coming in.

I'd love Locadia to be sold, but just can't see it. He's on what for him is silly money. He's never going to get silly money again. His next contract will say his wages not halved, not even quartered, but a far lower % than that. He's got six months more on silly money, can't see him doing anything more than to keep it coming in.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I have been thinking about this for several months now and I have concluded that we need a striker.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Can anyone name a player we have loaned "in" under Potter ?

Mooy might get quoted to you but probably shouldn't count.

To me the idea of loaning a striker in makes sense.

For next season we'll be getting Zeqiri and Sima back in to make a decision on. Presumably if they're nowhere near by the start of next season, we should just be selling. Connolly also.

The u23 cavalry may conceivably arrive the year after that

What we need is a short term option to bridge the gap. Obviously not the club's want or desire to do this. But hey, plan A hasn't gone as planned, so let's look at plan B

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
How about we sign these two players and the player on the bench and give them all the same kit. If any of them has a bad half, we just swap them in and out accordingly, nobody will be any the wiser.

_20211130_225455.JPG

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Hughton’s squad also did the double over Palace & beat Manure twice two teams Potter struggles with. Probably doesn’t fit the Potter is great agenda though and easier to collectively remember two Hughton defeats to Cardiff & Bournemouth.

It’s not those defeats I remember. It’s the 0-0 vs wolves, the 1-0 defeat two Spurs and the first half of the 1-1 with Newcastle. It was anti-football. Absolutely embarrassing and that was when he had to go.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It’s not those defeats I remember. It’s the 0-0 vs wolves, the 1-0 defeat two Spurs and the first half of the 1-1 with Newcastle. It was anti-football. Absolutely embarrassing and that was when he had to go.

Guess which were the only three matches I saw, the whole of that season. :facepalm:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Aaron Mooy, Jake Wakely.

Thank you for that - I have never heard of Jake Wakely . My point is that I think it is an option that the current set up overlook and should perhaps be more active in given our current situation concerning goalscorers.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
I would imagine very little business will get done in January transfer window

Possibly cancel a couple of loans, recall the players, then week later send them out on different loans

More likely to be talking to players who have contracts that expire next summer

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Connolly and Locadia out.

Bring in a new striker !

I do wonder if Groß will sign a pre-contract with a German club in January.

I would like some of Bissouma, Trossard, Mac Allister and Maupay to be signed up for longer deals.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Bring in a new striker !

I would like some of Bissouma, Trossard, Mac Allister and Maupay to be signed up for longer deals.

I think we need 6 players for the forward roles when we play in a 3-4-3.

I’m happy with Maupay, Sarmiento, Welbeck and Trossard but we need two more. I’m not including March in this because he can’t shoot.

We’ll have to keep at least one from Connolly, Andone & Locadia.

A gap for a new striker should exist. Whilst I’d like Brereton, Larin could be the one as he nears the end of his contract. Andone (good rep in Turkey) going the other way could be a good carrot for the Turks.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think we need 6 players for the forward roles when we play in a 3-4-3.

I’m happy with Maupay, Sarmiento, Welbeck and Trossard but we need two more. I’m not including March in this because he can’t shoot.

We’ll have to keep at least one from Connolly, Andone & Locadia.

A gap for a new striker should exist. Whilst I’d like Brereton, Larin could be the on with Andone (good rep in Turkey) going the other way.
Does Andone being a non playing sub v Burnley count as 1 of his "2 clubs" ?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Could see a few more loans for young players. Haydon Roberts, Tolaj, Feguson, Baluta, and maybe Richards. Doubt they'd all go but some will be ready for a League 1 loan at least. Maybe a Championship loan for Richards after doing so well with Doncaster in League 1.

Sell or loan Connolly and Locadia.

Sort out a new loan or sell Andone as it seems he's returning.

Buy a striker!

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

Bring in a new striker !

I think there is more chance of the second coming then Connolly leaving.I think he has something on Potter or Ashworth.

Otherwise i agree with you you.We will be signing a striker .Possibly from the EFL and Gross wil be leaving

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here