Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What time did you get home last night

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
PG[/QUOTE]
1045 to Lewes. Train queue was the longest and slowest I have ever seen it and we left straight away after clapping players off. The 8 car train just after 10 left half empty much to the frustration of those of us queuing on the zigzags. There were 4 stewards vetting everyone going on to the platform, one woman with a clipboard seemed to be all but taking everyones' names! The Brighton queue had cleared before the Lewes one was half cleared. People on my train back to Lewes just made the (last?) connection to HH/London.
Anyway, great win and much respect to the OP - how much does the train cost you?
PG

So that was the problem, we were held at the bottom of the ramp going up to the bridge over the rarailway by a young gentleman, who at one point completely lost it and was actually screaming at the fans.

Once again there was no organisation, no explanation was given and those going to the University car parks were corralled with those being prevented from catching the Lewis train. After a heated discussion my disabled daughter was allowed to lean against the side rails, but was prevented from going up the ramp. In the end a manager appeared and eventually managed to separate the queues and we were able to progress.

It amazes me that it was not foreseen that preventing access to the Lewis trains would cause a major problem, especially if those going to the University were not segregated.

Simples?

Sent from my Hudl

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
11:45 at G/F's in Sarf London. Did my customary feigned spit at Selhurst Park as I drove up Whitehorse Lane.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
11:25 pm back to Teddington, SW London.
Left after the final whistle, queued to get over bridge to get to the car parked at sussex uni but on the A27 by 10:14.
Could have been a lot worse I suppose

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Left at the final whistle. I have the exfiltration down to a tee. Back to the racehill, down........ No, or you'll all be doing it. Fancied a Coffee, so into Mcdonalds at Arundel, with at least three other Albion closely followed by three Leeds. ( Their Yellow away Kit is the worst in the division, it's the colour of old mustard. Looks dirty.)
I knew about the Chichester diversion, I just went straight through on the bottom roundabout, didn't follow the official diversion. Wasn't expecting a tour of Cosham, thought about going over the hill to Southwick and Wickham, but I'm just reading one of Graham Hurleys latest, where one of his scotes gets run over on the hill. So went back to the M27 and off at Jnc.10 and home by 11.55 pm.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
11:25 pm back to Teddington, SW London.
Left after the final whistle, queued to get over bridge to get to the car parked at sussex uni but on the A27 by 10:14.
Could have been a lot worse I suppose

Yes, your house could have been flooded!

PG

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
1045 to Lewes. Train queue was the longest and slowest I have ever seen it and we left straight away after clapping players off. The 8 car train just after 10 left half empty much to the frustration of those of us queuing on the zigzags. There were 4 stewards vetting everyone going on to the platform, one woman with a clipboard seemed to be all but taking everyones' names! The Brighton queue had cleared before the Lewes one was half cleared. People on my train back to Lewes just made the (last?) connection to HH/London.
Anyway, great win and much respect to the OP - how much does the train cost you?

PG

They cocked up a Brighton one later on with the same routine. The front carriage was straight out of the Indian rush hour but the rest was half empty, yet there were people prevented from joining the platform. Presumably they had let the quota on and then not distributed it correctly. When challenged they wouldn't answer and the BTP started wandering over. Sounds like the transport stewards were a shambles all round last night.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
I must admit I missed any warning of the A27 closures,still as you say Cosham at night can be a beautiful thing! Did you have the joys of the Worthing traffic on the way there last night as well? I only got there with five minutes to spare.

Left Havant at 1715, chose to go via Storrington/Steyning, used Mill Road P&R arrived at AMEX 1855. Plenty of time for a pre match pie and Bovril :smile:

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
11.20 - Couple of post match beers in lower west. Straight on to train. Changed at Brighton. Changed at Hove. Got off at Portslade. Walked down Boundary Rd, got a number 1 bus to Mile Oak

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Home at 11pm after clapping players off. Getting there was slightly different Left Bognor @5:30pm and thanks to A27 problem arrived 3 mins into the match :(

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
10.25 back in Arundel, left at final whistle and parked at Farm Shop so away in 5 mins!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here