Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What time did you get home last night

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
11.10pm to Steyning. Walked back to Mithras (for the exercise) then drove back along the front. Always a pleasure.

Massive respect to the OP and all other long distance travellers.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
11:40pm, stayed to clap the players and had a drink in Dick's before heading back

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
1045 to Lewes. Train queue was the longest and slowest I have ever seen it and we left straight away after clapping players off. The 8 car train just after 10 left half empty much to the frustration of those of us queuing on the zigzags. There were 4 stewards vetting everyone going on to the platform, one woman with a clipboard seemed to be all but taking everyones' names! The Brighton queue had cleared before the Lewes one was half cleared. People on my train back to Lewes just made the (last?) connection to HH/London.
Anyway, great win and much respect to the OP - how much does the train cost you?

PG

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stayed until final whistle and back in Horsham at 11pm (via Mill Road car park).

though it was too cold to queue so took a walk to the bottom of Coldean Lane, nothing turned up for about 20 mins and it was freezing, I had a sensible coat and hat but no gloves and I kid you not I'm struggling to type this now as they're still freezing! A small group of smug looking students turned up wearing only t shirts (on their top halves) and, what's that German word I'm thinking of?, as I wanted them to freeze to death to take the smarmy look off their faces, the bus turned up so they only suffered for two minutes. Into Wetherspoons, a few celebratory ones, then back home to The Haven Of Peace by half past Wednesday

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
1045 to Lewes. Train queue was the longest and slowest I have ever seen it and we left straight away after clapping players off. The 8 car train just after 10 left half empty much to the frustration of those of us queuing on the zigzags. There were 4 stewards vetting everyone going on to the platform, one woman with a clipboard seemed to be all but taking everyones' names! The Brighton queue had cleared before the Lewes one was half cleared. People on my train back to Lewes just made the (last?) connection to HH/London.
Anyway, great win and much respect to the OP - how much does the train cost you?

PG

There is an easy solution to the Lewes train problems on an evening match:

1. Clear the platform onto the first available train and people can easily change at Lewes if they are on the wrong train - This will stop the 100's that refuse to board an Eastbourne train if they are going to Seaford and vice versa and result in an empty platform once the train leaves ready for the next batch on the ramps.

2. Anybody who is travelling past Lewes on the Eastbourne train MUST be told to use the rear 3 carriages and only use the front 5 once it is clear the back 3 will be full. This will leave more space on the front 5 for those alighting at Lewes and make better use of the space on the train.

Its quite simple in my eyes.

And I was back home in Bexhill at 11pm train back to Lewes, park in East Street and drive from there

Knocker15

May 18, 2013
Gosport, Hants
Quiet though wasn't it? And the bypass is still closed off this morning due to overrun ???

I must admit I missed any warning of the A27 closures,still as you say Cosham at night can be a beautiful thing! Did you have the joys of the Worthing traffic on the way there last night as well? I only got there with five minutes to spare.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Following the chaos of Saturday when a Mithras House bus broke down in the stadium, Tuesday was quick. Stayed 'till the end and caught the first 'returning' bus on its second run. Did have trouble getting in though. 25 mins from Mithras to the ground even with a bus lane. Sooner they put a bus lane on the left hand side of the slip road off the A27 to the university roundabout the better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
About 11.20 in Portslade but that was by choice. Stayed for beers in West Lower till we got chucked out as was having a good catch up with an old mate. Bloody good evening all round, last night was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here