Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the hell is Poyets problem

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Poyet blasts fixtures list From The Argus)

and you reckon our manager is a bit of a dick.

When Plymouth cancelled this game due to having so called internationals when it was an international weekend, we were gutted, especially as those players turned out to be injured over that weekend anyway.

How can playing 2 games over 50 hours be an advantage

Why is he bitter? It's not as though Albion have suffered coz of this date of fixture.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
to be fair, i think he just likes a good old fashioned moan

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Wrong forum, again!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think he just likes to moan about Saints because they did not RESPECT the CHAMPIONS by giving us a guard of honour. Arrogant (unts.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
to be honest I did read that earlier and think of the stick we gave Hammond when he said similar ...

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
uuummm, read it without rose-tainted glasses?

He said he tried to do it but the league said it wasn't allowed, so was surprised Saints could do it. Sounds like a reasonable question to me.

Poyet said: “We tried to play a game that was postponed (against Dagenham and Redbridge) in-between the last two games and were told we were not allowed.

“I don’t know why Southampton were allowed, they shouldn’t have been.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think he just likes to moan about Saints because they did not RESPECT the CHAMPIONS by giving us a guard of honour. Arrogant (unts.

Is that why he let Hudderfield win? Fat lot of good that did them.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Gus has got a point. The fact that it is Southampton should have nothing to do with it. Any team that goes into the final two Saturday fixtures with their spare game squeezed inbetween enjoys an advantage. They take the pitch knowing what is required.

The same thing is happening in the Championship as Norwich and Cardiff played yesterday and the Football League couldn't even get them to kick off at same time !

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
He also said this: “I’ll tell you my target on August 6, the day before we start, and then August 31, because a lot will depend on the players we bring in. Eleven or 12 players are finishing their contracts.

Does he know something regarding the date of our first game?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
uuummm, read it without rose-tainted glasses?

He said he tried to do it but the league said it wasn't allowed, so was surprised Saints could do it. Sounds like a reasonable question to me.

Poyet said: “We tried to play a game that was postponed (against Dagenham and Redbridge) in-between the last two games and were told we were not allowed.

Probably because our April fixtures were far more packed than yours were. We had 8 games whereas you had 7. Basically Poyet is saying we should have played 9.

He certainly is a jug eared oil bag.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He has a point that the run in should be played shoulder to shoulder.

Where was the supposed 'blast'? Or are Southampton based Argus/Echo/Newsquest trying to stir things up? It seems to be no more than a throwaway remark, not targetting Southampton, but the football league.

It doesn't surprise me that you would get pulled in by that sort of article. A reactionary dunce would be an apt description, I feel.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
cant you read? this seems to be his problem:

as we arent concerned, i take his opinion as that of a neutral commenting on the unfairness of the schedule. is it unfair? well, imagine if you'd played against a non-relegated Plymouth several weeks ago, how different that game might have gone.

Feb 14, 2010
Redneb, just to say ur just southampton that used to play at the dingly dell. Brighton are a one county regional club. We know we are again going to be a bigger club than you as we were im terms of crowds in the 70s. If you dont agree then fine, we dont really care because you are just southampton from somewhere the other side of pompey. You are not our rivals so please run along and annoy your actualvrivals, they are pompey. Our rivals are palace. Thanks and nice knowing you but please jog on.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

When Plymouth cancelled this game due to having so called internationals when it was an international weekend, we were gutted, especially as those players turned out to be injured over that weekend anyway.

Why is he bitter? It's not as though Albion have suffered coz of this date of fixture.

Shut up you utter mug. WAHHHHH

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Don't think Gus has a problem, just expressing his opinion. I suppose you can when your the best in the division at your job.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Love the bias on this forum. It's a reasonable question to ask but had that been Adkins people would be crying all over the shop.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

We are the CHAMPIONS, we don't care about you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here