Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Ocado

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nibble is a Tesco man, not our of loyalty, just cos it's nearby. I will sometimes go to Waitrose because you really do get some smashing Milf in there. However if given the choice, Sainsbury's is the bst supermarket out there.

I used to shop at Asda at The Marina but there were some terrible looking people in there stuffing buns and fancies into their big fat faces before they'd even got back to their cars. I remember seeing one man in stained tracksuit bottoms and his wife in leggings sat in the open boot of the car rifling through their bags stuffing anything sweet they could find into their faces. It's not a supermarket it's a famine relief centre for chavs.

Asda really is bad. When you actually see how much cheap, processed gop they sell in there, frightening. Better off at Lidl.

I get all my fresh veg at Kingston food market and meat from butchers. I get fish at various places. Morrisons has the worst fresh produce, it goes off within 48 hrs.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sainsbury's for us as it's nearest. Simple.

Re Waitrose my mum recently told me she was listening to the radio and heard a comedian say he'd been in Waitrose recently and overheard someone ask "do we need Parmesan for both houses dear?". When she told my step dad he said he'd once been inn their local Waitrose and heard a man say "please put the guava down, Orlando."

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tesco, online and delivered to door, the drivers are so good they bring the shopping into the kitchen.:thumbsup:

Sainsburys for odd bits as its down the road.

Lidl now and then, only for beers, also its not far from home.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Poorly Phrased Poll Shirley?

Should be which one do you mostly use?

I mostly use the Sainsburys in Pulborough although the Storrington local Supermarket is a Waitrose (It used to be a Somerfield and yes I'm sure Waitrose had their eyes on the place for years, especially as we are getting a far bigger store in the next year or so).

I have, however used almost all of the above shops. Not got anything against Waitrose and their fresh produce does last longer than Tesco or Morrisons in my experience and the wine selection is far better. The MILF/Chav ratio in Waitrose helps as well..... :blush:

Aldi and Lidl are especially good if you like German/Eastern European meats and pickles which I do, probably the only one I would avoid is ASDA but as far as I can recall the nearest one is Crawley which makes it even more of a no-brainer to avoid. :lolol:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tescos as nearest and self-scanning is a very good idea

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Poorly Phrased Poll Shirley?

Should be which one do you mostly use?

I mostly use the Sainsburys in Pulborough although the Storrington local Supermarket is a Waitrose (It used to be a Somerfield and yes I'm sure Waitrose had their eyes on the place for years, especially as we are getting a far bigger store in the next year or so).

I have, however used almost all of the above shops. Not got anything against Waitrose and their fresh produce does last longer than Tesco or Morrisons in my experience and the wine selection is far better. The MILF/Chav ratio in Waitrose helps as well..... :blush:

Aldi and Lidl are especially good if you like German/Eastern European meats and pickles which I do, probably the only one I would avoid is ASDA but as far as I can recall the nearest one is Crawley which makes it even more of a no-brainer to avoid. :lolol:

There's an Asda in Lancing, and another in Durrington. I suspect they are nearer than Crawley?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tescos as nearest and self-scanning is a very good idea

No, it's a very good idea for you and me. If you're under 16, over 60, slightly mad, slightly technically inept, short sighted, heavy of touch, really mad, a street drinker, someone who can't deal with coins over 20p in denomination, a large group of university students shopping together, someone who regularly forgets how to pack, absolutely ****ing barking or someone who is liable to get a bit annoyed with flakey technology they're the worst things invented.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you're under 16, over 60, slightly mad, slightly technically inept, short sighted, heavy of touch, really mad, a street drinker, someone who can't deal with coins over 20p in denomination, a large group of university students shopping together, someone who regularly forgets how to pack, absolutely ****ing barking or someone who is liable to get a bit annoyed with flakey technology they're the worst things invented.

Excludes me then

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not the last time i checked, no. Why's that?

The Gent concerned has, ahem, personal hygiene issues.... :eek:

I am amazed that you haven't come across him but glad it is not you! :thumbsup:

By the way your previous avatar always made me laugh - were you bored with it?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
There's an Asda in Lancing, and another in Durrington. I suspect they are nearer than Crawley?

Two more to avoid then, I have work at a Clients site on Lancing Industrial Estate but can't see any other reason why anyone would want to go there?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
No that particular store is a dive, I'm told. The one in Durrington is more pleasant I'm led to believe.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
No that particular store is a dive, I'm told. The one in Durrington is more pleasant I'm led to believe.

Fair enough, I am probably prejudiced by visiting the Sittingbourne Asda which sorely tempted me to open a Tattoo Shop there as it seems to be a requisite from the age of 7 years upwards..... :nono:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Tesco for the Clubcard points - when Morrison's start delivering we will probably switch to them though as their food is nicer.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The Gent concerned has, ahem, personal hygiene issues.... :eek:

I am amazed that you haven't come across him but glad it is not you! :thumbsup:

By the way your previous avatar always made me laugh - were you bored with it?

If it's who i think it is, then i don't think he's been there for a while...he was 'removed' from service. I can't think of anyone currently who is there that fits the bill :/

I might return to the hot dog at some point - i fancied a change but i'm not totally happy with my current one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here