what strikers should we try and sign for next season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
All good choices, even though Jason Roberts is a wanker, is a wanker :lolol:

He is one wanker I would like to see up front for us next year..His battle with Greer and El Abd was fantastic....Even draw I had it, they kept him from scoring and doing much consructive. On the flip side he kept them busy all night and got them both booked. Was sure one of them was gunna walk....Even draw over 90mins lol.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He is one wanker I would like to see up front for us next year..His battle with Greer and El Abd was fantastic....Even draw I had it, they kept him from scoring and doing much consructive. On the flip side he kept them busy all night and got them both booked. Was sure one of them was gunna walk....Even draw over 90mins lol.
Yeah, was amazed they both stayed on after being booked so early! Love watching El-Abd go to war!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake is actually a fantastic shout. Prolific in the Championship for both Plymouth and Wolves, he is small, quick and strong and Wolves will be having a clear out in the summer and could be available. He might look at us as being a sideways step, Championship to Championship. But I suspect he could be romantically wooed by Gus.

I hope all potential signings are approved by Warren Aspinall though. Think of the trouble the great man could have with Sylvan Ebanks-Blake! :lolol:

ajcocker

Apr 10, 2012
We should def go for the boy GERARD DEULOFEU LAZARO, Barca bteam striker musted a like shit of a shovel and would light up the amex, one season in english game jujst watch this boys name.

Funnell

Jan 10, 2012
Wolves paid well over the odds for him so might not be cheap but would Steven Fletcher be beyond us? Has better than 1 in 3 for wolves, which in a bad prem team is impressive. Would set the championship alight I'd have thought. Would expect wolves to get rid of at least one of him, doyle and ebanks blake

NickGull

Apr 6, 2012
Ebanks-Blake is realistic. Few i can think of; Bradley Wright-Phillips (Quick & Can Finish), Darius Henderson (Strong, Target Man, Decent Finisher & Cheap), Steven Davies (Derby - Strong & Speedy, scored a decent amount of this season), Luke Varney (Pompey need money, was great Blackpool when they were in the Prem) & Matty Fryatt wouldnt been impossible, good finisher. Heard that Chris Martin has also been linked with us.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
What targets do you think we could get?

Vokes I think should go back to Wolves
Barnes keep
Cms not sure

The others not ready yet so if we could get 2 ?????

Maybe Gus needs to go bargain hunting in spain again and bring back a few more Calderons,as strikers obviously

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I think we need, if not 1 but 2 new keepers for next season.

I'd like to see Alex Smithies from Hudders join in the fun at the Amex.

we are not losing games because of goals conceded, that is no worse than last season apart from the Ankergren meltdown mid season,we are losing or drawing through lack of goals scored

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think we must learn our lessons and not sign good Div One players as they are just average Championship players.

Look at Kevin Phillips a has been in the Premiership and quality in the Championship the same with Jason Roberts and Carlton Cole. I'd be happy with an experienced Premiership player who isn't getting a regular first team run out but still has 3 / 4 years in him. The only problem would be wages but the transfer fee would be small so an element of swing and roundabouts.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Such a tough one, but agree with the general sentiment that we aim for a proven scorer that's heading for the end of their career .. someone with the pedigree of Roberts or Phillips, otherwise it becomes too much of a gamble. Yakubu is another one but more likely to move to a Fulham or Villa. I think we'll struggle though, there aren't many around and they'll cost way too much unless TB wants to take a punt, but it's dodgy (see Leicester) and I don't think he's got the kind of money to piss what it'll need up the wall

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports