what strikers should we try and sign for next season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To all them people who want Rhodes(35 goals) and Evans(28 goals) so far this season. Just remember one thing..£3.25million Craig Mackail-Smith scored more than both of them last season.....Taking a punt on a lower league striker can sometimes pay off, but there is no substitute for experience...Next season for me, Heskey or Rhodes.....Heskey everytime, if we are in Championship.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sorry, how foolish of me. Shouldn't assume because he's big, quick,has championship experience and averages a goal every 3 games that he would be any good!

236 Apps, 67 goals, goal every 3.5 games...That's 13 in a 46 game season and never been in a promoted side in this division...No thanks, no better than what we got.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
236 Apps, 67 goals, goal every 3.5 games...That's 13 in a 46 game season and never been in a promoted side in this division...No thanks, no better than what we got.

Ross McCormack has never been promoted from the Championship, suppose he's no better than what we have too going by your logic?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ross McCormack has never been promoted from the Championship, suppose he's no better than what we have too going by your logic?

But you were not talking about McCormack were you?...You were talking about Blackstock, that would be 6 goals this season Blackstock. He was the one you were saying we should sign, not 16 goals this season McCormack....No, I would take McCormack alongside someone with plenty of experience like Roberts. But i'm sure you said it was Blackstock we should sign not McCormack...Maybe im getting confused, or you are just backtracking?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But you were not talking about McCormack were you?...You were talking about Blackstock, that would be 6 goals this season Blackstock. He was the one you were saying we should sign, not 16 goals this season McCormack....No, I would take McCormack alongside someone with plenty of experience like Roberts. But i'm sure you said it was Blackstock we should sign not McCormack...Maybe im getting confused, or you are just backtracking?

Not backtracking, at all. I did indeed suggest Blackstock (who has been injured most of the season) who has 67 goals in 236 games mostly in the Championship. You rubbished that idea. I suggested McCormack to see how you would react, and predictably you got excited by his 16 goals this season (not injured for most of the season). Interestingly McCormack's stats are 72 goals in 239 games. Very similar stats, same age and both with Championship experience, neither have been promoted to the Premier League. So why was I so wrong to suggest Blackstock?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Emnes - quality striker, could we afford him though?? prob 3-4m, maybe if 'Boro don't go up they may be forced to sell.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not backtracking, at all. I did indeed suggest Blackstock (who has been injured most of the season) who has 67 goals in 236 games mostly in the Championship. You rubbished that idea. I suggested McCormack to see how you would react, and predictably you got excited by his 16 goals this season (not injured for most of the season). Interestingly McCormack's stats are 72 goals in 239 games. Very similar stats, same age and both with Championship experience, neither have been promoted to the Premier League. So why was I so wrong to suggest Blackstock?

If by saying I would take McCormack, is your idea of getting EXCITED about it. I hope I never end up on an evening out with you..Hardly excited.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

If you check back you will see who would get me excited, at this level...Roberts, DJ Campbell, Fuller, Cox.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If by saying I would take McCormack, is your idea of getting EXCITED about it. I hope I never end up on an evening out with you..Hardly excited.

Good answer buddy, you sure schooled me with that one :lolol: Anyhow, still interested as to how McCormack gets a yes but Blackstock gets a no?

ajcocker

Apr 10, 2012
we should go for the boy LAKUKA from chelsea what a loan that would be the boy will shoot and most def get more goals than the over rated strikers we have that seem as if they have never seen inside of a penalty area!!!!!

ajcocker

Apr 10, 2012
Same player i don't think so, the boy is head and shoulders above any of are attacking options which is a shame as i do like to give are boys my backing, just finding it hard to stay positive about what we have up top.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
we should go for the boy LAKUKA from chelsea what a loan that would be the boy will shoot and most def get more goals than the over rated strikers we have that seem as if they have never seen inside of a penalty area!!!!!

Do you mean Romelu Lukaku?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lambert & Zamora. Bobby wont be on £90k a week at QPR if they get relegated and is Ricky ready for the Premier League ?

ajcocker

Apr 10, 2012
yes sorry about that i do mean that young man. at champ level would be perfect i MY personal option (ONLY)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports