Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what strikers should we try and sign for next season

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Sebastian "El loco" Abreu.

Reckon he would be like Mark Hateley in Championship Manager 97/98.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Gary Madine - Sheff Weds
Jordan Rhodes - Huddersfield
Becchio - Leeds

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Michael Owen (snigger) !!!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
All depends on the system. CMS was given a few things to run onto last night. He was terrific againts Ipswich when we played to his strengths. I'd still like to see more of Barnes in the middle. He looks a goal threat when he gets into the middle.

If we have a system that allows for a poacher I'd like to see Charlie Austin at the club. We still need a big man who can hold it up. I don't think Vokes is the answer.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Either of boro's jukebox or emnes would be lovely if middlesborough don't go up

How about Buckley up front? He's played there before for watford, he's quick can beat a player and is calm in front of goal

At last someone who has the same thoughts as me, I've been banging on about Buckley playing upfront since the Newcastle game. He has almost everything were looking for in a striker and i'm sure it wouldn't take him long to get used to that position.
The big plus is he wouldn't cost us a kings ransom which is what we could pay and still be in the same boat.

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
At last someone who has the same thoughts as me, I've been banging on about Buckley playing upfront since the Newcastle game. He has almost everything were looking for in a striker and i'm sure it wouldn't take him long to get used to that position.
The big plus is he wouldn't cost us a kings ransom which is what we could pay and still be in the same boat.

I think it's definitely worth a shot

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i bet its some south american Gus will sign...Diego Forlan perhaps.

I would be happy with someone who was on the same wavelength as Vicente and could convert his brilliance into goals

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We need just one striker and his name is Zamora.

No one else.

It's not even because it's The Legend BOBBY, but out of ALL the strikers who are likely to be relegated with a prem team this year, HE would suit us BRILLIANTLY. Can you IMAGINE Vicente ROLLING it into Bob's feet. BZ holding it for what feels like an eternity before softly laying the ball back to the onrushing spaniard who FIRES it in.

Of course, if QPR are relegated Bobby will go straight back to a prem team as he is still too good for the championship.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

I wondered if it might be worth trying Buckley in a more central role, he has height, speed and knows where the goal is, plus is an established member of our squad rather having to find and accomodate a new face. Buckley could be a real handful but my only concern is that he isn't robust or nasty enough, he was too easily intimidated by Harte last night. Buckers would come up against much better defenders than Harte at this level - but then he might offer them a different sort of challenge. I did wonder if Buckley might get a go up front around the time Gus brought in Barn Door Billy, but I guess this would mean Gus having to concede some form of change, which he doesn't seem inclined to do - or more probably Gus does not see Buckley as being up to it, which is fair enough. The subsequent arrivals of BDB and Vokes would suggest the latter.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I said at the start of the season we should get Phillips and got slaughtered for it. Old man, past it etc etc was the cry. Experence in this league is everything. We need a keeper, a left back and a seasoned striker. Take Roberts in a heatbeat, DJ Campbell, Ricardo Fuller, Simon Cox anyone of them will do.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I said at the start of the season we should get Phillips and got slaughtered for it. Old man, past it etc etc was the cry. Experence in this league is everything. We need a keeper, a left back and a seasoned striker. Take Roberts in a heatbeat, DJ Campbell, Ricardo Fuller, Simon Cox anyone of them will do.

To add to tha list Kevin Davies. Gutted we missed out on Phillips.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Basso in goal, A big lump like Liam trotter and a natural goalscorer (Micheal Owen) and we will get promoted next season. Get rid of the dead wood CMS, Harley, Anks, Painter and we will be sorted

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To add to tha list Kevin Davies. Gutted we missed out on Phillips.

Yep,,if Bolton stay up. Think his prem days are numbered now....Experience, experience, experience that is the key. When Reading go, we should snap up Harte and Roberts, probably both a little to old for the very top level now. (Harte was playing for Carlise a while ago ffs) and half our problems are solved in one fell swoop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here