Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What should UEFA do with Celtic.....if anything more?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Don't see what the problem is...William Wallace (Scottish) and Bobby Sands (Irish) represent the Scots/Irish cultural identity of Celtic fans, and their fans put on some fantastic displays. Barca used to be punished under Franco for displaying the Catalan flag which represented their cultural identity, but it's now accepted. I hope no-one will take issue when I roll-out my Norman Wisdom/Des Lynam "Legends" banner at the Reading cup game...

Mr Grimsdale will not be happy ! :smile:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Like a lot, perhaps even a majority, of English (stress 'English') people currently I don't give a toss about Northern Ireland. It can be part of the UK, or part of a united Ireland. Whatever. However if Scotland become independent that the last thing I want is for us to be left with some rump UK of us, the Welsh and the Northern Irish. In that scenario the Scots can either take Ulster with them, it can become independent as well, or it can unite with the Republic. Not that anyone's going to ask the English what we want, there's always this weird assumption made that we're passionate supporters of the idea of a UK, no matter how small, and it's only the pesky Celts who are agin it.

Dandyman

In London village.
The Protestant population was brought in the 19th Century by Britain. If there was a vote for the from the whole of Ireland for a united Country, it would obviously win.

The official Plantation of Ulster began in 1609. The GFA was supported by voters in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here