Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what Reading are saying on their Boards....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess we still haven't played a top 6 side.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Complete clown on their phone in saying we are the worst side he's seen at the mad stad this stadium. We're awful etc...Then over to the Pros running the show who said the complete opposite eg best organised, will be top six if not top 2 etc.

You decide who to believe but I bet it won't be close.... ;)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Complete clown on their phone in saying we are the worst side he's seen at the mad stad this stadium. We're awful etc...Then over to the Pros running the show who said the complete opposite eg best organised, will be top six if not top 2 etc.

You decide who to believe but I bet it won't be close.... ;)

Reading sounded a bit powder puff for the home side until the last 20. In the end they they had to raise their game and their fans celebrated this draw as a win.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
If you believe Brighton and Reading are similar then you never went to football in the 1980s or before. Brighton are a club with no success but a large fan base. I went to Elm Park a few years back and well, there were almost as many of us as there were home fans. Reading as a place historically is also nothing like Brighton which traditionally is a was a working class town whose "inhabitants look as if they are helping police with enquiries" as the famous quote goes. Also Brighton get support from lots of other towns. The only similaity is that historically both Brighton and Reading have been utter garbage on the pitch. Although Brighton do have a major trophy, but that was in 1910.
The Biscuits had The Simod Cup :whistle::whistle:

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Reading sounded a bit powder puff for the home side until the last 20. In the end they they had to raise their game and their fans celebrated this draw as a win.

Not really. We reacted very well to going a goal down but I felt Reading perhaps could've won and I'm gutted we didn't. However, 1-1 isn't unfair on either side.

I don't know who the caller was who said Brighton are the worst side to come to the Madejski, but he's clueless.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not really. We reacted very well to going a goal down but I felt Reading perhaps could've won and I'm gutted we didn't. However, 1-1 isn't unfair on either side.

I don't know who the caller was who said Brighton are the worst side to come to the Madejski, but he's clueless.

It was just my rebuttal, no offence intended :) Happy with a draw and it could have gone your way in the end.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope we can get promotion. We'll know better when we've played a top team.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I reckon Royals have every chance of challenging. Surprised at the size of the crowd. 17.5K home fans.
Perhaps they'll turn up when you get into the top 6?

I was more surprised about the lack of vocal support, I appreciate that may upset any Reading fans on this forum, but we were next to their singing section and they were quiet for 90% of the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was more surprised about the lack of vocal support, I appreciate that may upset any Reading fans on this forum, but we were next to their singing section and they were quiet for 90% of the game.
Something else we have in common.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here