Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what Reading are saying on their Boards....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They are underachieving for that squad. So would we if we had to play in a ridiculous lilac away kit in front of less than three hundred stuffed dummies.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It was encouraging to read that McShane said: “It’s about having that mentality in every minute of every game. Brighton do it week in week out, every Saturday and every Tuesday and we don't." It hasn't always been possible to say that about us.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Whoops..they're on NSC now boys. Quick hide the valuables. You'll know they're Reading because they'll be wearing ASDA trainers and jogging trousers with FOUR stripes down the sides. Royals? They're about as regal as a dog turd with a lolly stick in it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Whoops..they're on NSC now boys. Quick hide the valuables. You'll know they're Reading because they'll be wearing ASDA trainers and jogging trousers with FOUR stripes down the sides. Royals? They're about as regal as a dog turd with a lolly stick in it.

We've always had a few resident Reading fans. I always found them to be fine.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was encouraging to read that McShane said: “It’s about having that mentality in every minute of every game. Brighton do it week in week out, every Saturday and every Tuesday and we don't." It hasn't always been possible to say that about us.

I liked him when he played for us. He's wasted at Reading.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I liked him when he played for us. He's wasted at Reading.

Agreed, he's too good for them.

I like the cut of his jib in that article too: they clearly have a pretty mediocre bunch of players but as captain he's responding by doing what he can to make the best of it. Sounds like a future manager in the making, hopefully at a much bigger and better club than that bunch of clacker-wielding bored children.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
'They're not really that good are they? Looking at their most recent 18 man match day squad, alright I don't watch them every week but no real stand out players there. We definitely have a more in depth squad with better individuals. For example, Vydra, Sa and Blackman are (or should be) miles better than Baldock, Hemed and Zamora...

Then again any average team that is a half decent unit with the right tactics, some team spirit and a resulting win streak can win this league, as we know from our last title winning campaign in 2011/12.'

'Vydra went to play, went to play for Reading
Matej Vydra
Ingermarson (sp?)
Stevie Sidwell
Managed by Coppell
They’re so bitter
WENT TO PLAY FOR READING

0-2 after early sending off
21,500 as the biggest team in England can't sell out their allocation'

'They really do think they are a big club. It's laughable .

They are similar in stature to us but most of them think they're so much better.

I hope we smash them.

Actually no, i hope they completely batter us but we win from a Blackman handball in 94th minute after only 2 minutes were added on with our only attack of the day.

They can then oxf*rd off back to Brighton whinging.'

'We'll be fired up to turn things around after the Fulham collapse, and Brighton havent played anybody really decent yet so their position at the top could be somewhat misleading'

All rather amusing in hindsight.
Just the 24-point gap.

Haha - can't believe people didn't get the relevence of you posting that from November - just brilliant.

Sa & Blackman don't even play for them anymore - Vydra isn't even there's and has scored about a quarter of the league goals Hemed has. Zamora has an unreal goals per mins on the pitch and Baldock has been excellent since coming back from injury. We're 24 (TWENTY FOUR) points ahead of them, he even had a pop about attendances - they brought 299 down the road :lol: Oh and to top it all off he mentions Sidwell - who is now back with us :lol:

Absolutely brilliant - I hope someone registers on there to remind him of that post :lol: :ffsparr:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
A possible new nickname for Reading fans…ticket-dodgers…

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It really is the season that keeps on giving.

Will they have a pitch invasion when they think they're mathematically safe from relegation (only to realise Bolton have scored in the last minute so they aren't yet)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here