Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what Reading are saying on their Boards....

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Oh dear, do Reading (however big or small) deserve so much of our attention? Frankly I don't give a sh*t what their fans views are regarding us. All that really matters to me is where we stand in May, I don't even care if Reading get promoted or relegated. I'm so much more concerned that we are beginning to get a few injuries to influential players. That said, so pleased that Winstanley :clap2: seems to get all bases covered quickly. Incredibly pleased with the direction the club is heading after recent seasons of seeming not to bother.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's quite amazing when you read both these forums that both sets of fans are saying almost exactly the same things about each other :laugh: For what it's worth I think they'll win well on Saturday.

Although as for us "copying their business model" - please God, no. I'd rather we copied the business model of Ian Beale's Fish & Chip shop, the rumblesticks and goal music aren't for us thanks.

Ha, I was thinking the same. No one on either side apparently gives a crap about the other....but make post after post about the other. I think there's a bit too much protesting on both sides.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
I would LOVE to be able to come into work on Monday and gloat about a Brighton victory but everyone here seems to support Arsenal or United :shrug:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I dont give a **** what any clubs fans think of Albion tbh, look at the cretins from Ipswich with their banner made by the local diddly home they brought with them.
Reading are no better.
Whats Berkshire famous for anyway ?
Answer: Broadmoor That is all :tosser:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I bet the town of Crawley is relieved that Reading is now the focus for abuse after their torrid week on NSC!

But re the Reading and Brighton (and basically any) fan sites, it's always going to be that we will slag them off and they will slag us off. It's all theatre, a bit of posturing etc. Ok, I've already admitted I don't really like Reading FC much, but we all have reasons why we dislike certain sides - for me and Reading, i think it was down to the reaction of one of their fans 20 years ago (rational eh!)! We all love our clubs, whoever we support, and all want the same thing. I'm really happy about where we are as a club right now, and I agree with a previous post in that I'm not overly bothered who goes up or down, I'm more concerned with how we do.

Saturday (and Tuesday) will be a big indicator as to where we are with squad strength, so I will hope for the best and prepare for the worst! Win or lose, I'll always be proud to support the Albion, and if there's banter along the way with other team's fans, it all adds to the match build up. UTA!

SBarlow

Sep 7, 2015
In all honesty our two clubs are similar in size, stature and aspirations.
They're well stocked in attacking talent. We are more organised and probably have a better manager at this level.

I predict it to be a close game, probably a draw.

It's fair to say that we haven't beaten the teams that are near the top of the championship at the moment. However, we may not need to thanks to the start we have had.

If we strengthen in January, which we are probably all hoping will happen, we will be in the mix at the end of the season. (regardless of what Reading do).

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Who gives a toss what opposition fans think?

It's almost always going to be something overly negative/utter bollocks because of the tribal nature of the game, so why pay it any attention whatsoever?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It seems every week oppo fans post on their forums about how we haven't played anyone good, how we're in a false position, how it won't last, how they'll be the the team to beat us by stuffing us 4-0. They then after we beat them they things up by saying how we didn't deserve it, how rubbish we are etc. To be honest I don't care what Reading fans think of us, as long as we keep doing what we've been doing so far we'll be a match for any team on the day.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I'd happily take a point now.
As for Reading it's a third rate awayday in a very boring characterless beige place; not good, not bad, not anything really (with a football club to match).
If you are ever getting sick of Brighton being so up itself and self congratulatory spend some time in Reading to quickly rremind yourself how most of that is warranted.
Take pity, smile at them and smile more when you head South.
Reading? Meh.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
We are a relatively small club compared with most in this division and I think most of us acknowledge that but on the other hand believe we could be a Prem club, given the crowds and resources. As for criticism from Reading fans, the words pot and kettle spring to mind. At lot of their success was due to the people they nicked from us anyway.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I imagine to a lot of football fans with no connection to either Brighton or Reading, both clubs look very, very similar...

- Majority of life dossing around the arse end of the Football League
- Very brief flirtations with the big boys
- New (new-ish) modern stadia that replaced spiritual homes
- Bankrolled by wealthy benefactors (not so much the case with Reading any longer I believe)
- South-east, wealthy-ish areas that are not traditional football hotbeds

What some Albion fans will do in defence of this is to generally say we are historically better supported than Reading, which is fair enough, but doesn't change the above.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
I imagine to a lot of football fans with no connection to either Brighton or Reading, both clubs look very, very similar...

- Bankrolled by wealthy benefactors (not so much the case with Reading any longer I believe)

What some Albion fans will do in defence of this is to generally say we are historically better supported than Reading, which is fair enough, but doesn't change the above.

And to the more simple among us: both wear blue and white :moo:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Our forum is much bigger though :moo:

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015

Well both Elm Park and the Goldstone pretty much fell down, so we had to play somewhere.
All clubs need big bucks from somewhere or, well forget being in the top 2 divisions.
Not being football hotbeds? A tad harsh. Should we merge and move to Burnley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here