Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what Reading are saying on their Boards....

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I particularly enjoy the owners talking on the pitch before the game, only to have the stadium half full... And probably even less listening.
That said, cracking track. :ffsparr:

I still haven't been able to listen to the whole thing - I get to the 'rap' part and just can't take any more.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Reading. Absolute ****ing non-entity of a football club. Their new anthem just about sums them up. Got a real chip on my shoulder for irritating little clubs like them, Watford and Bournemouth. Sour grapes maybe but I can't ****ing stand em.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Didn't Pardew say the best team did not win the league when we topped them by 6 points? Total lack of class, but then what would you expect from a former Palace player?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Irrational loathing of them. Stems from our groundless days and what we should have had by comparison. Plus tinpot town with all the character of a pork chop. Their new song is just another bullet in the gun that is Reading FC. If we didn't have Palace already, this lot would fit the bill nicely.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hated them since we beat them to the Division 2 league title, absoulte bunch of Morons. I hope we smash them or beat them 1-0.

I hope we give it large in the stadium, walking out of there with 3 points will be the moment of the season for me as a team.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Hated them since we beat them to the Division 2 league title, absoulte bunch of Morons. I hope we smash them or beat them 1-0.

I hope we give it large in the stadium, walking out of there with 3 points will be the moment of the season for me as a team.

I won't be there but get what you mean. 3 points will be so sweet there, if only because our record there is pants. Lose there, and it will be the worst feeling - they'll rub it in our faces at being the first team to defeat us.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Reading. Absolute ****ing non-entity of a football club. Their new anthem just about sums them up. Got a real chip on my shoulder for irritating little clubs like them, Watford and Bournemouth. Sour grapes maybe but I can't ****ing stand em.

Have to agree with the sentiment, Reading is a nondescript town in a nondescript county with a flat pack stadium full of fans who all have a second club in the premier league (mostly chelsea, arse and spurs), they are the footballing worlds equivalent of watching paint dry. I imagine every reading fan drives a hyundai and owns at least one Flymo, has a subscription to the Radio Times and several friends that all 'work in the city'. Their weekends are spent trawling DIY stores and model train fairs unless of course they are at home, I imagine Reading was the club in mind when half and half scarves were first produced.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Have to agree with the sentiment, Reading is a nondescript town in a nondescript county with a flat pack stadium full of fans who all have a second club in the premier league (mostly chelsea, arse and spurs), they are the footballing worlds equivalent of watching paint dry. I imagine every reading fan drives a hyundai and owns at least one Flymo, has a subscription to the Radio Times and several friends that all 'work in the city'. Their weekends are spent trawling DIY stores and model train fairs unless of course they are at home, I imagine Reading was the club in mind when half and half scarves were first produced.

:lolol: 10/10

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
'Reading, Reading, Ra Ra Ra'

- might hark back to a bad 3-0 drubbing at their place in 1994 that I went to....

Was that the last game of the season, when under Mark McGhee they were winning the league? If so, my memories of that game are pants also, because I was in a pub full of Reading near the station before the game that got full on attacked by............Brighton fans in fancy dress, I kid you not!!! Very surreal

And that game we were useless also.

I've never seen us get a result in all the times I've been to Elm Park/Mad Stad and unfortunately I cannot see Saturday being any different.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Was that the last game of the season, when under Mark McGhee they were winning the league? If so, my memories of that game are pants also, because I was in a pub full of Reading near the station before the game that got full on attacked by............Brighton fans in fancy dress, I kid you not!!! Very surreal

And that game we were useless also.

I've never seen us get a result in all the times I've been to Elm Park/Mad Stad and unfortunately I cannot see Saturday being any different.

It may well have been. The reason I remember it was because it was the day before Senna got killed - so maybe 30th April. In contrast, i can recall nothing at all about the game, except seeing one gloating female fan in the home end giving it large....

I also can't look beyond a Reading win, they do have a strong side. I'd take a draw now.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It's quite amazing when you read both these forums that both sets of fans are saying almost exactly the same things about each other :laugh: For what it's worth I think they'll win well on Saturday.

Although as for us "copying their business model" - please God, no. I'd rather we copied the business model of Ian Beale's Fish & Chip shop, the rumblesticks and goal music aren't for us thanks.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"The SeaDulls seem to be getting into a flap"

"They are a bit touchy about Reading tbf. They really, really don't like that we are a very slightly bigger club than them."

:moo:

They try to claim a rivalry with anyone just because they don't have rivals of their own. They so desperately want somebody, anybody, to care about them (see Watford, Bournemouth, MK Dons). In terms of generic 'bigness', we are pretty much on a par, they just choose to conduct themselves like a non-League side with their drum and their 'club anthem'.

But who ultimately gives a **** about how 'big' a club is? There is no universal criteria for how 'big' a club is for a start.. I'd rather be considered tinpot and go up than be a MASSIVE club like Leeds and hover around the bottom half.

On the pitch, they've made some shrewd acquisitions and are doing well, it'll be a tough game for us and I'd take a draw now if it was on offer.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Yes, well they are a tool then as we can't play top ( us ), and have played and beaten 2nd placed Hull.

Actually, I think its a fair charge that we haven't played anyone decent yet. Hull is the only exception. Ipswich were top, but they were in a false position. The next few games will show us and others if we really are automatic promotion contenders.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If their team go into this match with the attitude of their fans then they are in for the shock of their lives.

I know we have not been prolific in terms of dispatching teams easily but we have been very good in most matches. I don't even think we have played our best yet so Reading could be in for a big shock this weekend if we play like we can play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here