Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What price would YOU agree to sell Ulloa for?

What would YOU sell Ulloa for?

• £6m

Votes: 45 16.6%
  • £7m

Votes: 79 29.2%
  • £8m

Votes: 61 22.5%
  • £9m

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • £10m

Votes: 32 11.8%
  • More than £10m (please state)

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • I simply wouldn't sell him

Votes: 32 11.8%

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
6M + add ons. With that sort of money, we could buy 2-3 quality players who would make far more difference to our team than Leo can on his own.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That's not the question though is it. The question was what price would you agree to sell Ulloa? Nothing to do with Leicester.

We don't need or want to sell him. So in my view we would need his value plus a significant sum for the hassle it will cause (ie squad disruption, replacing him, risk of replacement not being up to scratch, reluctant seller premium etc). So he may be worth around 5-6m, but I wouldn't sell him for less than £9m. At that evel we could replace him and still have significant cash to pay with. Any less than that, why the hell would we?

And as for Walt's "compromise"? No way. There's no need to compromise because we dont want to sell him. Whoever wants him needs to pay through the nose or he remains a Brighton player next season and we're no worse off.

Compromise was probably the wrong word. We don't want to sell him. Don't, on the face of it, appear to need to sell him.

But if the player's head gets turned the club is in a completely different position. An unhappy, disinterested Ulloa would not be the same as an Ulloa happy and firing on all cylinders. IF that happens and the player makes it clear he wants to leave it is about getting the best price for him as early as possible to give the new manager time to find a replacement. In that scenario it would be in the Albion's best interests to get a deal done quickly.

I cannot see any club paying more than £7million for him. Even that is probably optimistic. We might end up keeping him because Leicester, or anyone else, refuse to offer silly money for him. Won't find me complaining if that is the case. But I would have thought most clubs quoted upwards of £6million will simply turn their attentions elsewhere.

He won't get sold for less than £5million unless he starts playing up. But equally, he almost certainly won't got for some of the figures being suggested on here.

His market value is 5-6 mill but we shouldn't sell because he is such a key part of the squad building. You can bandy around premium figures like 8-10 mill but no one will pay that it's a pointless exercise. The key thing is to defend at the level of his market value price and I'll be pissed off with the board if they cave

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
£7m + Chris Wood would swing it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'd work on the assumption that we wouldn't sell unless we had a like-for-like replacement lined up and a price agreed. Then I'd want £5 million on top of that price for our inconvenience.

Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I mean- Ulloa cost a couple of million so three million profit plus a replacement.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Given how hard it has been to find good strikers in budget I simply would not sell him. You would have to pay 10mil and a hefty weekly wage to replace him so not good business.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Given how hard it has been to find good strikers in budget I simply would not sell him. You would have to pay 10mil and a hefty weekly wage to replace him so not good business.

But if his head has been turned(which it probably has) a player who doesn't want to be at a club is a liability...If we sold Ulloa for £6m and replaced him with Matt Fryatt I don't think we would be any weaker in that department of the field.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
But if his head has been turned(which it probably has) a player who doesn't want to be at a club is a liability...If we sold Ulloa for £6m and replaced him with Matt Fryatt I don't think we would be any weaker in that department of the field.

Next you'll be saying his head isn't right to play tonight.

foxedup

May 23, 2014
if Dwight Gayle is worth £8m, then I'd say £10m+ for Ulloa although in reality I'd probably settle for £7m plus Chris Wood in exchange. The £7m allowing us to secure Bobby Z's wages for a couple of years with change to spare....

Seeing as Wood has scored more in one season than either of them, Wood must be worth about £12m.

Appreciate you don't need to sell so you are right to hold out for a silly offer, but the Values are just silly in the English leagues.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Seeing as Wood has scored more in one season than either of them, Wood must be worth about £12m.

Appreciate you don't need to sell so you are right to hold out for a silly offer, but the Values are just silly in the English leagues.

Ain't that the truth. Pearson may need to look elsewhere. He's worth a lot more to us than your mob's current valuation. Double it, and I'm sure Tony will talk.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Very much in the "simply wouldn't sell him" camp. He's exactly the sort of player that's damn hard and expensive to replace and we've lost enough good players already recently.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Compromise was probably the wrong word. We don't want to sell him. Don't, on the face of it, appear to need to sell him.

But if the player's head gets turned the club is in a completely different position. An unhappy, disinterested Ulloa would not be the same as an Ulloa happy and firing on all cylinders. IF that happens and the player makes it clear he wants to leave it is about getting the best price for him as early as possible to give the new manager time to find a replacement. In that scenario it would be in the Albion's best interests to get a deal done quickly.

I cannot see any club paying more than £7million for him. Even that is probably optimistic. We might end up keeping him because Leicester, or anyone else, refuse to offer silly money for him. Won't find me complaining if that is the case. But I would have thought most clubs quoted upwards of £6million will simply turn their attentions elsewhere.

He won't get sold for less than £5million unless he starts playing up. But equally, he almost certainly won't got for some of the figures being suggested on here.

I don't know about all this 'head turned' stuff. Players get tapped-up all the time and they mostly just end up staying. I don't know what was going through Suarez's mind last July/August but it didn't do him much harm. Of course, you could also point to Bridcutt as the other side of the argument - but we shouldn't just be selling him even if his head has been turned.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
He's worth more to us than what other clubs would be willing to pay. If we can sell him for as much as 8M, we've done very well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here