Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What minor things annoy you

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Jeeez, in Sainsburys I spend a couple of quid and get receipts and vouchers that must have decimated a small forest, let them dispose of their own double nectar point marketing waste, in the trolley is acceptable ....

I thought Sainsburys used the double-sided space saving receipts?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
People that treat their kids as some some sort of burden that was placed on them as a sense of duty eg. "where am I supposed to find the time to do that with 4 kids to look after?", "it's all very well you saying that, try saying it when you've got 4 kids at home", "much easier for you, you haven't got 4 kids to feed". No one forced them to have kids!

This woman who gets on the bus ahead of me every morning and then spends ages looking for change. She knows perfectly well I have a ticket on my phone, meaning I just walk straight in, flashing ticket to driver as I go, why does she have to go first! Never once let me on!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My Mrs when she is talking to someone on the phone, it's a phone not a megaphone!! Her mum is not deaf!!
Her mum only lives down the road, she should just shout out the window.:annoyed:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Football analysis on Sky sports. Anyone would think they're discussing world poverty!

Fridge related. Starting a new one without checking to see if the old one is finished. Butter/spread/milk are usual culprits. We have oodles of plastic boxes for storing leftovers, so why why stick them in a bowl 3 times bigger than the contents and bunging some cling film on it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People who don't know how to turn their keypad tones off on their phones. On quiet trains. At 6am. F&@k off with your bip bippety bip text messages !
Apple headphones. We can all hear your music
I commute. I could go on for hours with stuff like this.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
The occasional PILLOCK who expects people who work in retail to have the mind powers of Derren Brown. I work in Tesco, not a great job but for somebody who wants to be able to go to Uni without having to solely rely on his parents - it'll do.

I try hard with my job, I'm polite to customers and help when I can. 9 times out of 10 when I don't know something I apologise and they ask somebody else. I have no problem with these people. HOWEVER once a shift somebody will come up to me and demand to know where something is.

Sometimes its a specific brand and item, other times its quite broad. However, I don't know where every item is. I can tell you the Aisle where you'll find Sausage Rolls, Condoms, Cat Food and Curry Powder*. I do not know the location of Suet. I mean, I'm not even sure if that's how you spell it.

I know its frustrating when somebody can't tell you exactly where in the aisle you'll find Straw for a Rabbit hutch, but yelling at that person and telling them "You should f*cking know, it's your job." Is not going to help. In fact, its going to make me want to stab you in the face.

*Nobody has ever asked for those four items together. If they had I would have called the police as they should probably be on some kind of register.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
People who don't fill the kettle up after use or filter jug

Or lnot changing empty toilet roll tubes

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Myself and my gentlemanly ways. Allowed my girlfriend to use our hotel toilet first in spite of knowing a pant-splattering spillage was merely a short pwarp away. The result? Me buttock-squeezingly entering the loo in Paris with a hot mess in my shorts and spending about 45 minutes in there showering and scrubbing my splatty-browned undies to then leave to dry overnight. Next time the bowel-bulging Meade goes first wherever we might be.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Myself and my gentlemanly ways. Allowed my girlfriend to use our hotel toilet first in spite of knowing a pant-splattering spillage was merely a short pwarp away. The result? Me buttock-squeezingly entering the loo in Paris with a hot mess in my shorts and spending about 45 minutes in there showering and scrubbing my splatty-browned undies to then leave to dry overnight. Next time the bowel-bulging Meade goes first wherever we might be.
:ohmy:
Tip= Hotel foyer/bar toilets.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
From today.....

Middle Lane C***s
Fog light C***s
People slowing down at green traffic lights.
Red traffic lights at 4am with zero other cars on the road. Why can't we have flashing amber?

Newsreaders that can't pronounce 'bath' 'grass' 'staff'....etc
Adults that pronounce 'H' haych not 'aych' ...I see i'm not the only one
British people that pronounce 'schedule' as 'skedule' - we are not American

The incorrect use of 'their' 'there' and 'they're'....endemic on NSC

Having to walk 200 yards to Sainsbury's entrance in the rain because 40% of parking spaces are allocated to disabled and mums with kids places, of which only a handfull are ever used at any one time.

Aggressive cyclists

Eastenders

Political correctness

Slow service in McDonalds

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The occasional PILLOCK who expects people who work in retail to have the mind powers of Derren Brown. I work in Tesco, not a great job but for somebody who wants to be able to go to Uni without having to solely rely on his parents - it'll do.

I try hard with my job, I'm polite to customers and help when I can. 9 times out of 10 when I don't know something I apologise and they ask somebody else. I have no problem with these people. HOWEVER once a shift somebody will come up to me and demand to know where something is.

Sometimes its a specific brand and item, other times its quite broad. However, I don't know where every item is. I can tell you the Aisle where you'll find Sausage Rolls, Condoms, Cat Food and Curry Powder*. I do not know the location of Suet. I mean, I'm not even sure if that's how you spell it.

I know its frustrating when somebody can't tell you exactly where in the aisle you'll find Straw for a Rabbit hutch, but yelling at that person and telling them "You should f*cking know, it's your job." Is not going to help. In fact, its going to make me want to stab you in the face.

*Nobody has ever asked for those four items together. If they had I would have called the police as they should probably be on some kind of register.

The suet will be with the baking stuff.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yesterday, driving to Hove I was overtaken by what looked like a red Seat Leon. Where the hatchback brake light should be was a little rectangular LED that flashed small yellow lights in odd patterns. Surely this is illegal as it is very distracting ? It did cause almost instant road rage for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here