Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What minor things annoy you

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Bad camera angles at football matches....or more precisely, flat camera angles.

This is why I sit up in WSU. I like to watch football from high and get an idea of all the movement.

I geniuinely despise West Ham because they switched from a lovely high angle to a low one.

Games I also struggle to watch are one's at WEMBLEY. The first cup final there the angle was perfect. It gave a true scale to the pitch. Now it's so FLAT.

ANYONE? ANYONE?

Thought not.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
When you come out with an overloaded, uncontrollable trolley and have to negotiate 100yds across a busy supermarket car park try doing it with a 2yr old and a 4yr old safely. That's why the spaces are near the entrance...so small kids don't get knocked over when they can't hold mummy or daddy's hand! My kids are older now so I don't have that problem but you probably need to experience parenthood before understanding. When I was 33 and had no kids however I was devastated that parents with small kids should be allowed to park nearer the entrance...and old people, why don't they go shopping when I dont...after all they've got all day. I never tire of hearing people who find these things annoying...hilarious.

Really.....?

I have yet to see a supermarket that doesnt have its main vehicle thoroughfare directly outside its entrance, pick up points, taxi ranks and disabled bay users if you can navigate through that lot, I cannot help thinking you have reasonable chance of making a normal parking bay upstream like everyone else !!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
People that leave their shopping lists or receipt in the trolley rather than taking it home or finding a bin.

Jeeez, in Sainsburys I spend a couple of quid and get receipts and vouchers that must have decimated a small forest, let them dispose of their own double nectar point marketing waste, in the trolley is acceptable ....

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
those who do anything a letter in the post says, and anything a sign says....just goto an airport and watch how sheeplike people can be.

Airports would function brilliantly without signs, wouldn't they. After all, what could possibly go wrong if people could leave bags where they wanted, check in at any desk and sit in lounges at the opposite end of the terminal to where their flight is departing.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Jeeez, in Sainsburys I spend a couple of quid and get receipts and vouchers that must have decimated a small forest, let them dispose of their own double nectar point marketing waste, in the trolley is acceptable ....

It would be if the supermarket did it, but they do not. So you leave it for another customer to do.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It would be if the supermarket did it, but they do not. So you leave it for another customer to do.

Nope I generally take the vouchers as I am always going to finally start to use them, although I never do.

The nice employee that are paid to collect the trollies would probably do so.

It is their waste though, so seems a reasonable expectation.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Bad camera angles at football matches....or more precisely, flat camera angles.

This is why I sit up in WSU. I like to watch football from high and get an idea of all the movement.

I geniuinely despise West Ham because they switched from a lovely high angle to a low one.

Games I also struggle to watch are one's at WEMBLEY. The first cup final there the angle was perfect. It gave a true scale to the pitch. Now it's so FLAT.

ANYONE? ANYONE?

Thought not.

Completely agree. They somehow manage to make the Wembley pitch look small, instead of one of the biggest in the country.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Of course....

Capitalism.
Communism.
Fascism.
Oppression.
Corporatism.
Centralisation.
New Age types who think they are enlightened due to doing yoga (stretching) and eating granola (expensive porridge).

:)

The New Age types line has made me chuckle! :)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Completely agree. They somehow manage to make the Wembley pitch look small, instead of one of the biggest in the country.

Indeed. You want it like the Nou Camp just to show off it's sheer MASSIVNESS. It genuinely ruins the Champs League finals and FA Cup finals for me. Silly I know.

I rmember the other ground that has a HORRENDOUS camera angle. The Allianz Arena (home of FC Bayern). You want to watch the best team in Europe in GLORIOUS view, not as if you're standing on the touchline. Real Madrid also have a stupid angle for a lot of the games.

The WORST however was Highbury. Horrendous.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
People who report other posters for such trivial things to get them banned.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Davy Lamps and Coal stains !!!!! :)

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
People who are eating, put their fork in their mouth, clamp their teeth on the metal of the fork then drag the fork backwards dropping the food into their mouth. The horrendous sound of tooth scraping along metal fair turns my stomach it does, so much so that I have to ask whoever it is to use their lips instead of their teeth.

any noise of metal scraping on anything (fork, plate, teeth) - is met with my verocity.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
People who get wound up when Leeds are on tv again.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All the usuals -

"Asdas"
"Tescos"
"Haitch" instead of "Aitch" for H

Not annoying, but 'dissappoint' (and variations thereof) is always disappointing to read.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
traffic wardens that loiter around car parks, especially when they are in pairs pursuing cars that have 0.00000000000001 second over the time limit :tantrum::tantrum:

drivers that use their fog lights in the rain

pot holes on the road the size of moon craters

I could go on.....................:bla::bla::bla:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here