Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your " I wish I hadnt been there " Albion moment ?.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Sudbury Town .. FA Cup 1996-97 .. Goldstone... They were about level 7 or 8, we were bottom of Div 3 (level 4). On the night, you couldnt tell who were the non-league team. When the Sudbury player scored the winning pen in front of the North Stand, I didnt know whether to weep or laugh. It seemed that night, as if we had no hope of survival......
That's the game I mentioned on the other thread

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
West Ham last year is up there for me as I was in the home end when we capitulated.

Alongside that one we played Wigan at withdean in our first year of the Championship, think we were 2 down after 5 minutes with Andy Petterson in goal

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
2-0 loss at Arsenal in League Cup midweek 79/80 never crossed the halfway line.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Kingstonians in the cup. I nearly wasn't there as we only just made kick off due to the strippers in the local pub!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
5-0 game at Selhurst, added to the pain was that the police wouldn't let us leave, we were forced to watch until the end, that was painful.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Kingstonian cup game and most of the matches at Gillingham.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
0-0 draw against 10-man, no keeper, Darlington at Priestfield. MK Dons away in 2009; the only time in 40 years I seriously felt that an Albion-free life might be preferable.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Apart from 5-0 an you can't go home.

I would say freezing my nuts off in the FA cup at Fulham watching a turgid 0-0 only to then go to the replay and freeze my nuts off in the south stand for another 0-0 then extra time, still 0-0 then losing on penalties. Can't remember which year but i am guessing mid 90's

Coldest I have been at a game. Was it Dean Wilkins who missed the vital pen for us?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Along with Kingstonian, there was a game at Elm Park Reading.

We might have lost 4-0.
We were so bad, so unbelievably bad, I don't think we were even in Berkshire at the final whistle.

D

Deleted User X18H

West Ham last year is up there for me as I was in the home end when we capitulated.

Alongside that one we played Wigan at withdean in our first year of the Championship, think we were 2 down after 5 minutes with Andy Petterson in goal

Wasn't that Walsall?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Apart from 5-0 an you can't go home.

I would say freezing my nuts off in the FA cup at Fulham watching a turgid 0-0 only to then go to the replay and freeze my nuts off in the south stand for another 0-0 then extra time, still 0-0 then losing on penalties. Can't remember which year but i am guessing mid 90's

I remember being in the north stand for that one. Recall the sky camera at the back of the stand. I lost count of the number of times Junior McDougald went clean through on goal and fluffed his lines. Met him once. Twas a nice bloke*

*My claim to fame :smokin:

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
rotherham away once when our goalie let in a clanger in the 92nd minute.

away to west brom once - soaked, shit traffic, lost 3-1.

canvy island.

palace 0-5.

D

Deleted User X18H

Just looked it up, indeed it was. Either way it wasnt great!

No it wasn't. Nor was it the game when Petterson fell on his arse, before someone says it was. It was however the match when Cullip 'allegedly' ruffed up Kitson at halftime for not tracking back. Either way Kitson didn't return for the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here