Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your " I wish I hadnt been there " Albion moment ?.

Oct 2, 2008
In 40 years of watching the Albion, there havent been many occasions that I wished I was somewhere else but the 5-0 defeat at Selhurst is one. A 4-0 midweek drubbing at Brentford a few years back is another. Anyone else care to chip in ?.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
3-0 away to pompey circa 1989 PISSING dowm with rain away emd uncovered at that point. Horrible day.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Walsall at home a couple of seasons ago.

After 27 minutes they went down to 9 men and myself and a group around me started to joke that we would still lose 1-0.

It was horrific when it happened. I nearly have up my season ticket that day as felt there was no point travelling 2 and a half hours to a game and the same home just to watch that crap!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Losing 5-0 away to Grimsby in '83 and getting a kicking after the match.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Apart from 5-0 an you can't go home.

I would say freezing my nuts off in the FA cup at Fulham watching a turgid 0-0 only to then go to the replay and freeze my nuts off in the south stand for another 0-0 then extra time, still 0-0 then losing on penalties. Can't remember which year but i am guessing mid 90's

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Sudbury Town .. FA Cup 1996-97 .. Goldstone... They were about level 7 or 8, we were bottom of Div 3 (level 4). On the night, you couldnt tell who were the non-league team. When the Sudbury player scored the winning pen in front of the North Stand, I didnt know whether to weep or laugh. It seemed that night, as if we had no hope of survival......

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Palace home last season.
Palace away this season.
Palace away last season was pretty forgettable too.

Swindon away this year. We were absolutely shite.
West Ham away last year?

I shan't say Liverpool away last year as that was a great occasion.

I somehow missed most of the shite games at Withdean, due to work and football training.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Sudbury Town .. FA Cup 1996-97 .. Goldstone... They were about level 7 or 8, we were bottom of Div 3 (level 4). On the night, you couldnt tell who were the non-league team. When the Sudbury player scored the winning pen in front of the North Stand, I didnt know whether to weep or laugh. It seemed that night, as if we had no hope of survival......

Was there myself that night, &, if I've remembered it correctly; it was cold & dark, probably raining with a small & despondent crowd (apart from the away support). When the winning Sudbury goal went in chants of "Case out" began. It was the fall from grace of an Albion legend & it felt the club was dying. Utterly miserable. I'd travelled back from Wales to be there..

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I travelled up to Halifax away on a Tuesday night only to be told the match was off 30 minutes before kick off - rather disappointing was the phrase I used to a steward that night.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
First attempt at Blackburn away this season, ended up watching Accrington Stanley v Plymouth in the open terrace, absolutely pissed it down all game...

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
No doubt about this for me.
It was about 20 years ago when Bristol Rovers played at Bath City's ground.
It was the journey from hell and we arrived 10 mins late to hear we were already 2-0 down. 1 minute later we were 3-0 down.
I'm pretty sure it stayed 3-0 and it was very cold and it was very windy.
The worst away day ever.
Awful.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Oxford at the Goldstone in the mid nineties. Think we lost 2-0 and it was one of the worst performances I've ever witnessed as an Albion fan. Left the ground saying never again but of course was there at the next game at the Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here