[Finance] What is your February energy bill ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
11th Jan - 13th Feb Shell Energy

Electricity £124.54 unit 35.4p, s/c 42.697

Gas £188.70 10.295p kw, s/c 10.295

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Electric £100 after government subsidy, oil £150 pm. Includes running an electric car which with Intelligent Octopus is cheap as chips.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Feb bill not yet arrived but January's was £67 for gas and electric. Fortunately low as its been so mild we don't need the heating on.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
£203 electric from 1st February - 21st February

Energy Used 550.3 kWh @ 65.56p/kWh £360.75
Energy Price Guarantee 550.3 kWh @ 31.84p/kWh -£175.22

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I forgot to mention the dishwasher on every night.
I also have to go around closing windows when the heating is on!!!
'Dad it's too hot I can't breath' is often heard in my household :moo:
As regards wealthy ex plumbers I only have my pension/PIP/ Carers allowance to live on.
Apologies - it was a leg pull. We used to have the heating on about 12 hours a day and gradually I got it down to six hours a day by setting the timer to an hour on and an hour off - when nobody complained I reduced it to an hour on and two hours off. Since Mrs WS got to a certain stage in life I've managed to just leave it off until someone complains it's cold and then put it on for a couple of hours. Layers is the answer !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The problem with the government subsidy isn't that it wasn't really fair. I live in a small flat and only have electricity. One of the biggest savers was insulating the windows. Here is my breakdown:

1.png

So I'm about the same as last year. There has to be a fairer way of sorting this, even if it does mean folk like me pay more.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Jan was £214 Elec and £301 Gas
Feb is £165 Elec and £210 Gas

This is according to Hugo anyway. Meanwhile I am £1k plus in credit with Octopus who have not been able to get a gas reading from my smart meter since October. I have no idea how Hugo can get the readings but not Octopus. Household is 5 adults with two working from home.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Just had February bill with Octopus.

Electric £141.45
Gas £214.64

Our electricity is about £5 per day every month. Gas was £100 lower than January, slightly warmer this month we’ve had a few days where heating wasn’t needed.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The problem with the government subsidy isn't that it wasn't really fair. I live in a small flat and only have electricity. One of the biggest savers was insulating the windows. Here is my breakdown:

View attachment 157720

So I'm about the same as last year. There has to be a fairer way of sorting this, even if it does mean folk like me pay more.
There is a fairer way to do it :

1. All energy supply needs to be owned by the state like the US and Canada. Both the US and Canada restrict price rises to a few percent a year because they own the supply - and also produce most their energy internally

2. Everyone should get a minimum amount of units of electric, gas and water for free - whatever the average per person consumption is. After that there should be a charge that is eye wateringly expensive with exceptions for those with disabilities etc that need more energy supply.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There is a fairer way to do it :

1. All energy supply needs to be owned by the state like the US and Canada. Both the US and Canada restrict price rises to a few percent a year because they own the supply - and also produce most their energy internally

2. Everyone should get a minimum amount of unit of electric, gas and water for free - water ever the average per person consumption is. After that there should be a charge that is eye wateringly expensive with exceptions for those with disabilities etc that need more energy supply.
There’s a strange market in Europe where even the countries that have essentially nationalised their energy companies eg France, are still beholden for gas and elec costed at wholesale market gas prices.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There’s a strange market in Europe where even the countries that have essentially nationalised their energy companies eg France, are still beholden for gas and elec costed at wholesale market gas prices.
markets borked and twisted to encourage uneconomical energy production, get more borked and twisted when unplanned changes occur.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Around £350 gas and elec combined plus £66 discount, 1/3 house at 19c, rest 16c.

Heating 2 hrs AM, 5 hours PM

Hope it warms up soon

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
£254, £150 of that is gas which is heating and hot water only. I think we’ve become a bit less focused on energy saving this month but that’s still for 2 of us in a large property so minus the govt contribution my £200 monthly DD will increase our credit balance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports