Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] What is your February energy bill ?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
£160 before any rebate. With £67 rebate and qualifying for warm home thingy of £150 I'm in credit for February.
For that following such things that's Ovo energy. Small 30s semi. 3 kids so plenty of cooking and washing and a missus at home all day. Lucky she's hardy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
£160 before any rebate. With £67 rebate and qualifying for warm home thingy of £150 I'm in credit for February.
For that following such things that's Ovo energy. Small 30s semi. 3 kids so plenty of cooking and washing and a missus at home all day. Lucky she's hardy.

That’s really low compared to us. Well done.

Is the house kept warm all day and evening 7 days a week, baths for all, with a stack of washing and tumble drying?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
That’s really low compared to us. Well done.

Is the house kept warm all day and evening 7 days a week, baths for all, with a stack of washing and tumble drying?
No it ranges from cold to kin cold, I'm told. Baths are shared and tumble drying is non existent.
Food prices have been a far bigger impact than energy for us. Just the dairy bill is massive - 1kg of butter, 2.5kg cheese, and 4 gallons milk each week and the fruit trough empties at a punitive rate.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
3 gas meters and 3 electric meters = 3 x £67 rebate not taken into account in below numbers.

Elec day rate = 39.702p/kwh ex 5% VAT
Elec night rate = 23.494p/kwh ditto
Elec standing charge = 37.169p/day
Gas rate = 9.818p/kwh exc 5% VAT
Gas standing charge = 27.128p/day

Bulb

1x 87-year old who needs her place at 21C; reasonably insulated and double-glazed
1x EV charged at night = 35-45kw per charge, 3-4 x per week
2x adults, one of whom is generally WFH each day; poor insulation; single, very draughty glazing (can't change it)

Elec: £74.82; £25.23; & £265.87;
Gas: £400.07; £147.32; & £219.81

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
At the end of April I will be having a 10.4 kWh solar panel array installed. Taking the total to 14.4 kWh as I already have 4 kWh on my roof. Hopefully, I will never have an electricity bill ever again.
How much is the 10.4 array costing? I've got 4kw and would love some more panels .

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
How much is the 10.4 array costing? I've got 4kw and would love some more panels .
Not cheap as I am having the array built at the bottom of my garden. Generally, for the roof it would have been around €21k. However, the ground work is going to cost me another €11k. So much digging and concreting. But it will mean I get, in the summer, at least 10kWh for at least 15 hours a day plus the 4kWh I already have on my roof.

The 2 previous summers with just my 4kWh on the roof meant that I did not get an energy bill in over 5 months. So, with the additional 10.4kWh panels I do not expect to get and energy bills ever again, or water bills come to that as we have an electric pump connected to out 150 metre deep well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here