Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] What is your February energy bill ?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Electricity 21 euros for both Jan & Feb....cost of standing charge. Using a solar system plus a separate solar/energy system for hot water.

Gas....don't have it in the house.

Olive lena.......70 euros, but that will last until next winter.

Pellets for central heating system........10 sacks @ 6.85 euros (almost double last years price) 68.50 euros

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Buy her some wooly jumpers.
She’s pretty high maintenance, woolly jumpers are apparently “itchy” so they’d have to be cashmere ones. More expense :wink:

However she already has a few and still needs the heating. Don’t get old!

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
She’s pretty high maintenance, woolly jumpers are apparently “itchy” so they’d have to be cashmere ones. More expense :wink:

However she already has a few and still needs the heating. Don’t get old!

OK then, work out the excess cost and then work out how many romantic meals it could pay for. Bypass the brain and go for the heart, it works.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
£475.96 before rebate last month (£215 leccy, £260 gas). Cold month, one or both of us at home most days so heating has been on a lot. Account £500 in credit still, so payments probably about right

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Do smart meters really save money? I've a gizmo that gives real time Electricity readings but don't really look at it.
Of course they don't

and who's paying for them? And their installation? Not the French that's for sure.

we had a proper whirly bakelite meter until July, everythings gone tits up since. The meter doesn't work properly and they're still making it up., more to the point, I don't trust/believe the meter!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
£210 approx dec and same for jan. we have 6 storage heaters and only 2 are on at any one time. The washing machine is on about 4 times a week and set to come on at night. The front room is warm but it gets progressively colder as you go through the kitchen to the bathroom/loo which is like Siberia. Showers daily with baths limited to one weekly. I have really felt the cold this winter but fortunately my wealthy brother has come to the rescue by sending two return air tickets to New Zealand where he lives and where it is now summer time. It’s 25 degrees and the memory of going to bed fully clothed for months on end and constantly watching the smart meter is a distant memory.

Jul 7, 2003
I'm certain smart meters save money if you have the real time display somewhere that's easy to see.
If you can get one. We moved house in the summer of 2021 and left the IHD behind for the new occupants. No IHD in the new place so I asked if we could have one sent through - still not received one and when I chase they say there is a shortage from the supplier.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ovo energy and £165 much of that is Mrs LBG love of the gas fire, again only two of us but £350+ in credit.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
God knows how your bills are so cheap unless it's just because I live in the grim cold Midlands. 4 bed detached house bit our combined gas and electric bill has been around £400 a month since November. We only have the heating set at 18 degrees so it's not like we're cooking ourselves. Solar storage being installed in 3 weeks will help I hope!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
February electric £66.48 e electric pay as you go smart meter gas also on pay as you go. half month OVO half month British gas around £120 total

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Too scared to look this week.....
Brother in Switzerland just gave me his brekdown for the winter utilities.........its next level horrific compared to what they were paying year ago

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Too scared to look this week.....
Brother in Switzerland just gave me his brekdown for the winter utilities.........its next level horrific compared to what they were paying year ago
Anyone on here live in a 2 bed flat? Asking for my sister who does, she's with BG (for gas and electricity) on the Standard tariff and she's paying £160 a month. She works FT, so she isn't there for most of the day, has the heating on for one hour a day, doesn't cook very often and lives on her own. I appreciate every one has different consumption habits and just because someone living in a 2 bed flat uses that, someone else may use more / less, but I would appreciate it if anyone on this thread who lives in a 2 or even one bed flat on their own could give me a comparison.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
At the end of April I will be having a 10.4 kWh solar panel array installed. Taking the total to 14.4 kWh as I already have 4 kWh on my roof. Hopefully, I will never have an electricity bill ever again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here