Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is your favourite Albion podcast?

autopsyturvey

Feb 24, 2018
Has the BBC's Albion Unlimited podcast stopped downloading for everyone else?

I happened to notice this tweet and response the other day:-

Apparently, therefore, we are up to S7 Ep29 of the podcast, but when I checked my Podcasts app (on iPhone) the latest episode showing is only Ep25.

Anyone know why? @chaileyjem ?

I don't know why exactly, but they did mention it briefly on the pod. It's only available, for now, from BBC sources, so the BBC Sounds app

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I don't know why exactly, but they did mention it briefly on the pod. It's only available, for now, from BBC sources, so the BBC Sounds app
I asked JC in a tweet a few weeks ago as it dropped off my podbean feeds and he went to ask those at the beeb and they confirmed it is no longer being fed to other podcast providers.

It is available on BBC sounds though.

I caught up with them and then duly forgot with it no sign of returning to all podcasts.
A shame but maybe a blessing as WA is starting to grind my gears.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Has the BBC's Albion Unlimited podcast stopped downloading for everyone else?

I happened to notice this tweet and response the other day:-

Apparently, therefore, we are up to S7 Ep29 of the podcast, but when I checked my Podcasts app (on iPhone) the latest episode showing is only Ep25.

Anyone know why? @chaileyjem ?

Thanks @AZ Gull - I don't know but some @bbcsounds podcasts appear only on BBC Sounds or on BBC Sounds first so it might be that. I will find out.
EDIT - JC has confirmed it is the above.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
I’ve listened to them all and thing Together BHA is the best. Decent/balanced post match analysis and light bit of banter

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks @AZ Gull - I don't know but some @bbcsounds podcasts appear only on BBC Sounds or on BBC Sounds first so it might be that. I will find out.
EDIT - JC has confirmed it is the above.
Thanks.

Don't know why this change has been made but I can't help thinking it's a mistake and they will lose a lot of listeners. I have now downloaded the BBC Sounds app but all the other podcasts I listen to (and I do listen to quite a few) are in my iPhone app and it is very likely that I will just forget/not be bothered enough to open up BBC Sounds for one "outcast" pod.

Seems a backwards step.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
Brighton Rock for me I live in oz and match day specials are the nearest I can get to being there and I love how drunk they get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here