Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is your favourite Albion podcast?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Here at work on the ship with no football on the tv, the way I keep up with everything is podcasts. Passes time in the evening on the treadmill.

General Football Podcasts
  • 5live football daily. Sometimes good, but going downhill fast.
  • The Guardian Football Weekly
  • The Totally Football Show
  • The Athletic Football Podcast
Albion Podcasts
  • Albion Unlimited
  • Seagulls Social
  • Brighton Rock
  • Albion Obsessed
  • Albion Roar
Non Football Podcasts
  • 5live Boxing with Steve Bunce
  • The Rest is History (Never thought I'd get so in to a history podcast!)
  • Sometimes I'll listen to a True Crime one.
They're all good in different ways. I loved "Football, The Albion & Me" as well & hope it comes back.

How do I find time to listen to them all? Try a week in my job. Without them I'd have zero football fix. Only when in Europe we get football.
Currently on the Pacific coast of Mexico, out of San Diego. We get nothing but yank sport on ESPN. Utter, utter shite!

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I try to listen to all of them on the bus to work, but definitely make time for Albion Unlimited and Together BHA.
But I do like Seagulls Social, Albion Obsessed, The Albion Roar and Brighton Rock

Non-Albion specific: The Price of Football, Tifo Football, The Athletic football Tactics (has had some great Se Zerbi analysis) and finally The Hard Truth

I like to watch some of the Vlogs, especially Ronald Collante, and the Luke Lynx one I am warming to, I like his enthusiasm.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Here at work on the ship with no football on the tv, the way I keep up with everything is podcasts. Passes time in the evening on the treadmill.

General Football Podcasts
  • 5live football daily. Sometimes good, but going downhill fast.
  • The Guardian Football Weekly
  • The Totally Football Show
  • The Athletic Football Podcast
Albion Podcasts
  • Albion Unlimited
  • Seagulls Social
  • Brighton Rock
  • Albion Obsessed
  • Albion Roar
Non Football Podcasts
  • 5live Boxing with Steve Bunce
  • The Rest is History (Never thought I'd get so in to a history podcast!)
  • Sometimes I'll listen to a True Crime one.
They're all good in different ways. I loved "Football, The Albion & Me" as well & hope it comes back.

How do I find time to listen to them all? Try a week in my job. Without them I'd have zero football fix. Only when in Europe we get football.
Currently on the Pacific coast of Mexico, out of San Diego. We get nothing but yank sport on ESPN. Utter, utter shite!
If you haven't already, I'd suggest giving The Football Ramble a listen. It's the only general football podcast I listen to. I do skip some episodes, but their weekend preview/review shows are ones I always make time for.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Brighton Rock isn't one I've heard of before; I'll have to give it a go. I've been enjoying Seagull Social and Together BHA this season. Also Price of Football, whilst not an Albion pod, interests me and is good for the Albion-Palace banter.

As for the Albion Roar, I got fed up with one of the presenters thinking that the show is all about him and continually interrupting either the other presenter when he's trying to ask a question, or the guests when they're trying to answer a question.
This. OMG - I nearly threw my phone in the nearest ditch with frustration when listening to the recent Dale Stephens interview while walking the dog. Every time Dale set off on an interesting anecdote about the promotion season he was interrupted. Generally I keep it on my listen list as they are able to attract decent guests. But I wish they'd learn to just let the guest talk for themselves.

Having given most of them ago over the years, I think my favourite pod is TogetherBHA. Really good mix of knowledgeable presenters. Honourable mention for Seagull's Social and Brighton Rocks (not that keen on the match day specials though!).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
From the suggestions on here I’m currently listening to Brighton Rock, I hadn’t heard of it before, it’s good fun.

Edited to add that Russell is great company,

Last edited:

Poppett

Apr 23, 2009
Albion Unlimited, any broadcast media showcasing Warren Aspinall’s enthusiasm and multi lingual skills is bound to be brilliant

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
I listen to most of those mentioned. I like Brighton Rock podcast best when the presenters are more than usually slurry.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I enjoy Brighton Rock Podcast for the matchday feel and input of many long term hard core fans on the jolly. I also commend Together BHA podcast, for its analytical approach and content. Really good lads running these, a lot of hard work, but well worth it, keep going lads.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Seems like the Albion Roar gets a bit of stick on here. Not from me. Think I've tried all the others and keep coming back to it. Credit to the guys for a damn good podcast.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As for the Albion Roar, I got fed up with one of the presenters thinking that the show is all about him and continually interrupting either the other presenter when he's trying to ask a question, or the guests when they're trying to answer a question.
I've given up on The Albion Roar, which is a shame as they've had some good guests on - just a shame that the guests can't get a word in.

'

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you haven't already, I'd suggest giving The Football Ramble a listen. It's the only general football podcast I listen to. I do skip some episodes, but their weekend preview/review shows are ones I always make time for.
Football Ramble is comfortably the best Football podcast for me. I appreciate that there's a fair bit of in-jokes so can take a bit of time to get into, but for me it's the best mix of football knowledge/insight and humour. Really enjoy the Preview Show (every Friday) for the game at the end as well.

Quickly Kevin (Josh Widdecombe's 90s football podcast) was great for the quizzes - saw a live show of theirs in London with Barry Fry as the guest, was superb - but they seem to be taking a break for now.

Guardian Football Weekly is ok but nowhere near as funny as the Ramble and a little over cynical at times for me.

On 5 Live Football Daily I tell you who I always find good value - Nedum Onuoha. Speaks really knowledgably and gives genuinely interesting insight on the playing side.

As for Albion I only really do Albion Unlimited. Will give Together BHA and Seagulls Obsessed a go.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Football Ramble is comfortably the best Football podcast for me. I appreciate that there's a fair bit of in-jokes so can take a bit of time to get into, but for me it's the best mix of football knowledge/insight and humour. Really enjoy the Preview Show (every Friday) for the game at the end as well.

Quickly Kevin (Josh Widdecombe's 90s football podcast) was great for the quizzes - saw a live show of theirs in London with Barry Fry as the guest, was superb - but they seem to be taking a break for now.

Guardian Football Weekly is ok but nowhere near as funny as the Ramble and a little over cynical at times for me.

On 5 Live Football Daily I tell you who I always find good value - Nedum Onuoha. Speaks really knowledgably and gives genuinely interesting insight on the playing side.

As for Albion I only really do Albion Unlimited. Will give Together BHA and Seagulls Obsessed a go.
I think The Football Ramble has struggled since introducing new presenters/guests - some of whom have worked better than others - and lost a bit of its identity. Unless Markus is presenting and Luke and/or Vish are guests, I give it a swerve.

Quickly Kevin is coming back for a new series in the next couple of weeks - I really like it.

The Totally Football Show is probably the most consistent football podcast IMO.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Brighton Rock is great and so is Albion Unlimited. I don't mind Seagulls Social either, although it makes me feel very old. I suppose that is the good thing about the range of pods out there - they are done by a range of fans, so there should be something for everyone in theory.

Mark me down as another who want to like the Roar, but can't get beyond one of the presenters interrupting every few minutes. The sense of self-importance that guy must have to think people want to listen to him rather than the great guests they get on is incredible.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think The Football Ramble has struggled since introducing new presenters/guests - some of whom have worked better than others - and lost a bit of its identity. Unless Markus is presenting and Luke and/or Vish are guests, I give it a swerve.

Quickly Kevin is coming back for a new series in the next couple of weeks - I really like it.

The Totally Football Show is probably the most consistent football podcast IMO.
I agree that the Ramble is best with the original 4 - they have superb chemistry. Luke's a bit annoying and pompous but generally good with Pete and Jim. Marcus is my favourite host of almost anything ever - his energy is spot on for it.

I like Jules and I feel she gets the chaotic energy of the show, I don't rate Kate Mason though and don't think she's a good fit for the show at all.

Glad to hear re: Quickly Kevin.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I listen to the Roar and Unlimited, both offer something different

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Gave up the Ramble a couple of years ago. I'm afraid the Geordie Guy, well, Hartlepool, so Monkey Hanger, always trying too hard to be wacky, made me give it a miss. I do dip in now & again though. New presenters are a bit meh, especially the girl that isn't Jules.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Brighton Rock is great and so is Albion Unlimited. I don't mind Seagulls Social either, although it makes me feel very old. I suppose that is the good thing about the range of pods out there - they are done by a range of fans, so there should be something for everyone in theory.

Mark me down as another who want to like the Roar, but can't get beyond one of the presenters interrupting every few minutes. The sense of self-importance that guy must have to think people want to listen to him rather than the great guests they get on is incredible.
I know what you mean about Seagull Social making you feel old!

Still, it’s good to have a new generation of Albion fans that are more used to the good times than the bad. I think some of us still suffer from PTSD from watching us almost drop out of the league and then travelling to watch an even worse team the following season. Whilst it makes you appreciate just how good the good times are, I think it also results in an unecessary amount of negativity if we have a bad couple of weeks and an OTT level of suspicion about any decisions taken at board level.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Has the BBC's Albion Unlimited podcast stopped downloading for everyone else?

I happened to notice this tweet and response the other day:-

Apparently, therefore, we are up to S7 Ep29 of the podcast, but when I checked my Podcasts app (on iPhone) the latest episode showing is only Ep25.

Anyone know why? @chaileyjem ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here