Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is your favourite Albion podcast?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Albion Roar and Brighton Rock are both really good. Unlimited too.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Albion Roar and Brighton Rock are both really good. Unlimited too.
Brighton Rock isn't one I've heard of before; I'll have to give it a go. I've been enjoying Seagull Social and Together BHA this season. Also Price of Football, whilst not an Albion pod, interests me and is good for the Albion-Palace banter.

As for the Albion Roar, I got fed up with one of the presenters thinking that the show is all about him and continually interrupting either the other presenter when he's trying to ask a question, or the guests when they're trying to answer a question.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I sometimes appear on a couple so I'm a bit biased about them. However I do also enjoy Seagulls Social, Albion Obsessed and togetherbha. Albion Unlimited is excellent but that is proper radio.

Lots of good Albion content out there now produced by different generations of fans so pretty much everyone is catered for. I'm for it all!

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
I sometimes appear on a couple so I'm a bit biased about them. However I do also enjoy Seagulls Social, Albion Obsessed and togetherbha. Albion Unlimited is excellent but that is proper radio.

Lots of good Albion content out there now produced by different generations of fans so pretty much everyone is catered for. I'm for it all!
Yes, I have tried some of those, but the presenters just made me feel old.

So usually stick to whingy Warren and Jolly Johnny. Will have to give them another go.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I miss Football, the Albion and me...
So do I - of all the Albion podcasts I've listened to, Richard Newman is possibly the only presenter who realises that the purpose of his "show" is to provide a medium for his GUEST to speak (rather than providing a platform for the presenter himself).
I do enjoy the BBC Radio Sussex Albion Unlimited podcast but even Johnny Cantor is incapable of asking a simple question - his question usually turns into a multi- sentence monologue; let the f***ing guest speak!!!
And don't get me started about a certain individual on the Albion Roar....

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
I’ll be honest, I’ve not heard of most of these.

Good to hear that the scene is thriving though - makes it feel like a natural successor to the fanzine in some ways.
Less barriers to entry too I guess.

Although some are saying even podcasts are a bit old hat these days. It’s YouTubers filming themselves at games who are the new stars. Haven’t seen many myself but believe the AMEX has a few. Good luck to ‘em, can’t say I have much interest in it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Albion Roar & Together BHA are my regular listens but I try and catch Seagulls Social if possible and Brighton Rock every now and then. I used to listen to Price of Football a lot as the presenters are brilliant and it’s really well made but I just don’t have time to listen to much non-Albion stuff anymore which PoF mostly is.

There is a really good range out there though and we’re really lucky. No podcasters are getting rich off this, it’s hours and hours of hard work for the love of the club, thanks to them all.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Don't listen to any only because I haven't made the time for them.

I'll start with Albion Unlimited as I know JC from Albion commentary and I don't know the others and seems to get a general thumbs up on here.

Hopefully it's not like those Kidz that do the YT stuff on our games, not my age bracket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here