Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What is your all time favorite football quote?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
John Gregory.
"The Chairman of Brighton wouldn't recognise Gareth Barry if he was stood on Brighton beach in the team strip with a seagull on his head and a ball in his hand"

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
"But I’m wasting me breath on some of ya. I’m wasting me breath on some of ya.

What did I say to ya, about good players - they want to be good players all the time. Don’t you know how profound that is ? Are you’re not examining the f*cking words ?

Because you’ve had two good performances and you think I’m ‘Bertie Big Bollocks tonight, I’ll f*cking play how I like.’

But you won’t play how you like, because if you play how you like, I’ll f*cking stick the youth team in. If I’m going to take abuse from a bunch of cockroaches behind me, I’ll take abuse by doing it my way.

And that is f***ing conformity, not f***ing non conformity.

So you, you little c*** when I tell you to do something and you, you f*cking big c*** - when I tell you to do something, DO it. And if you come back at me, we’ll have a f*cking right sort out in here.

‘And you can pair up if you like. And you can f*cking pick someone else to help you. And you can bring your f*cking dinner. Because, by the time I’m finished with you, you’ll f*cking need it."

J. Sitton
Loved the J.Sitton documentary, that quote is legendary.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Was this one an urban myth?

Player to ref “what will you do if I call you a ****?”

Ref “I’ll send you off”

Player “What if I just think you’re a ****?”

Ref “You can think what you want”

Player “In that case I think you’re a ****”
I've heard this and was under the impression that the player was Jimmy Greaves.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
Gary Lineker: So Glenn, what's the main difference between this Brighton team and the one that last got to a semi-final in 2017?
Glenn Murray: Is that a joke?!
That reminded me of the other Glenn Murray quip which I've been trying to find on google and can't - someone help please. Something like "what do you put your recent goal scoring form down to Glenn?"
Glenn - "Pascal Gross"

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Liam's Granny quote for me. Loved it at the time, never been beaten. And his stop and look at the end of the clip, priceless.

Poor bloke. Did a sterling job under horrible circumstances. Always have a lot of time for Liam and everything he did for our club.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
“The tide is in our court now - and we must control the bandwagon” - Kevin Keegan

I have a huge fan of mixed metaphors.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I remember when Jimmy Greaves retired (1970?), he was playing for West Ham. They did a thing on football focus about him retiring. He said something along the lines of "I expect Chelsea fans will say I was at my best when I played for them and Spurs fans will say I was at my best when I played for them and West Ham fans will agree with one of the other 2"

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Liam's Granny quote for me. Loved it at the time, never been beaten. And his stop and look at the end of the clip, priceless.

Poor Liam. He wasn’t around for the replay as he’d had enough of Archerlotti by then.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Colin W4nker isnt everyone's cup of tea but this is my favourite... they asked what he would do if he was manager of sheffield wednesday...

1692974494251.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here