Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What is the earliest you have ever left a game?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Palace away after their 5th goal around 60 mins. It would have been bad for my health to have stayed any longer.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Brighton game 5 1 at Plymouth 05ish . Left on 38 minutes ,no further goals . Aldershot 8 minutes at Sutton 2 goals down ,even left Eastleigh last Monday at HT 3 1 down FT 3 3 . A social day ruined by tripe ,i just don't like the game anymore to watch 4 or 5 put past us . Yesterdays home win v Scunny was our 10 th in 45 games . The last decade we have lost over 100 at home . There is loyalty and then stupidity .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This for me by a country mile, I left the NS a second after Brooks scored. I thought I’d be alone, but the concourse was suddenly filled but huge numbers leaving en masse. With a gallows humour chant of “We’re fkn shit”.

It was later said that Bloom made up his mind that was enough was enough during that game.

CE818035-3EAE-4600-8C9B-AC438C432951.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever time the pre planned walkout was in the war years at the Goldstone against Mansfield (?) @Lenny Rider?.

Other than that at whatever time Bournemouth scored their third in the 0-5. I also tried to leave the 0-5 at Palace, have blanked the time and after which goal but the bastards wouldn’t let us out :angry:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Whatever time the pre planned walkout was in the war years at the Goldstone against Mansfield (?) @Lenny Rider?.

Other than that at whatever time Bournemouth scored their third in the 0-5. I also tried to leave the 0-5 at Palace, have blanked the time and after which goal but the bastards wouldn’t let us out :angry:
The walk out was against Hereford. We were losing 1-0.

Mansfield was the boycott match.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Half time at Withdean against Woking. In the Cup - an eventual 0-0. Because my boy had just turned 4 and was bored.

Even now he can’t remember it but I can say his first game was at Withdean and he’s now a Tier 1 super fan with loads of away points.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Back in the Goldstone days, I used to leave at least 5-10 mins with my dad, as he used to have to get back to Hove Station to police the train back to Hastings.
Wasn't for long though.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Oh i got out but was made to stand outside the ground the rest of the game.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Earliest for me was legging it on the final whistle standing by the exit away at Portsmouth on the first day of the season 16/17 years ago?. I had promised to get back for a family BBQ and made it back to Shoreham before 6pm which beats the earliest I have ever got back from the Amex by a good 30minites!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Possibly away to Luton, sometime in the 80s. They absolutely murdered us. I left at 4-0. It finished 5-0.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I had some comps for Wales v Spain at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff, awful game, devoid of atmosphere. We left at half time.

I seem to remember, back in the mists of time, a game away at Kidderminster being called off at half time due to frozen fog….so that one as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Half time at Withdean against Woking. In the Cup - an eventual 0-0. Because my boy had just turned 4 and was bored.

Even now he can’t remember it but I can say his first game was at Withdean and he’s now a Tier 1 super fan with loads of away points.

I had that with my daughter at Withdean, she only went for the ice cream!

True story, the stewards allowed a swap for my son at half time, my wife drove him down to the gates.

So selfish Dad got to see an entire Albion win.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Half time. Can't recall the game but just about to take seat with FIL at kick off and got a phone call to say _and_son had broken his leg. Figured I had a good hour or more before I could see him so saw out the first 45mins and then left.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
5 minutes, MK Dons away, think Slade had just been appointed manager. Took my three year old daughter to her first away game, where she had a lot of fun with balloons and ice cream before the game. Then as the teams came out the atmosphere rocketed up, got very loud, her balloon popped, she became scared and hysterical and no amount of calming her down in the concourse was working. So we left.

Thankfully that didn't put her off in the long run and, now 17, she'll be at wembley next week.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Under Mark McGhee we lost to Crewe 4-1. Whenever the fourth one went in i left. He was sacked after that game or one or two after. It was so bad.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Thrown out of the Goldstone for singing a sweary song (bloody)! Never left early even 0-5 at Selhurst! Take it like a fool...........

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At Leicester in 1978. I had the choice of two trains: one of which left at 4.45 and got me back in plenty of time to make it to the pub or the next one which meant I wouldn't get home until last orders. We were 4-0 with 20 minutes to go, so I chose option 1 (I actually missed our consolation goal from Gary Williams).

I also left at half-time v Stockport (when we lost 4-2) but then was my son wanted to go home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here