Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What is the earliest you have ever left a game?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Mentioned it before. Goldstone Ground, Brian Clough & Bristol Rovers. Sat on my ST bench seat in the south and got fed up at half time. Walked back to Hove station to catch a train, except there weren't any and I was still there when the rest of the ground joined me.
Just watched the youtube video. Strangely, the south is away which I don't remember, but a couple of Rovers fans going mental in the north.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
Bmuff at home a few years back. Woeful. Knocky sent off. Left on 75 mins to get a train to Catford to join a family reunion which had started the day before. Family couldn't believe I watched football over them.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The only time I can really recall was around 80 mins away at Fulham under Hughton in the Prem. We had gone two nil up after about 20 mins and I left the game when Fulham’s 4th went in. Wet miserable night at the arse end of January.

Really didn’t fancy hanging around any longer.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Away to Watford back in 1968, I think. My girlfriend was feeling unwell and we left at about half-time.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don’t want to come across as a ‘super fan’ but I’ve never left early, not even in the darkest of days. Understand why some do it as could mean home in half hour rather than 2 but it’s not for me.

Mike90A

Dec 29, 2016
MK Dons FA Cup early Jan. Cold in an empty Amex. Left at halftime as the Mrs was cold.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Mentioned it before. Goldstone Ground, Brian Clough & Bristol Rovers. Sat on my ST bench seat in the south and got fed up at half time. Walked back to Hove station to catch a train, except there weren't any and I was still there when the rest of the ground joined me.
Just watched the youtube video. Strangely, the south is away which I don't remember, but a couple of Rovers fans going mental in the north.
No segregation or designated ends in those days.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I left before the match even kicked off v Norwich at the Amex as I just got told my mother had died. Earliest and quickest I've ever left.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Only time I’ve ever left match before the final whistle is when Bournemouth scored their fifth against us in the match at the Amex in Hughton’s last season. Just got up and walked out as no point in staying.
The only time I left early was my first ever visit to the Amex when Glenn Murray scored Palace's 3rd. Boo.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
FA cup replay against Walton and Hersham.
Left after they scored their third, didn't know they scored a fourth until I got home.
It was a midweek afternoon kick off during the power cuts in the seventies, so I had sacrificed half a day's pay to be there.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It’s just a stupid league though isn’t it, and these scorelines are just embarrassing and further detract from what little credibility the SPL has. I imagine those who run the SPL hate it when small clubs get mullered by the Old Firm.
Neither Celtic or Rangers have dropped a point against anyone apart from themselves since October.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Left at the end of normal time of the Sudbury cup replay at The Goldstone in November 96.

Sadly realised that I was wasting both my time and that of my babysitter that night (Mrs H was on the twilight shift) so listened to the dulcet tones of Mr Millard on South Coast Radio on the journey home.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was that the final match ever played at Elm Park?
I was for me!

If the match was a shitshow - 4-0 (maybe) after an hour with us playing like first half Chelsea and Radio 1 finding Mr Wendell more moorish than crack cocaine, then yes it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here