Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What is the earliest you have ever left a game?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Have Kilmarnock v Celtic on in the background. After 21 minutes, Celtic were 3-0 up and awarded a penalty. Quite a few home fans started streaming out. Not sure if they came back as the penalty was missed but surely that must be up there with the earliest a fair few people have walked out having paid their money?

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
At the Amex, for no other reason than we were never going to score while our arseholes were pointing downwards? 70 minutes.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
TBF, Killie are woeful, 0-4 after 27 minutes.

Brentford away when we were 3-0 down and we ended up losing 4-0 and THAT 5-0 were the only two times for me. But that was around 75-80 minutes.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
West ham away when we shipped the 5th I think.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can honestly say never, in nearly 800 games. Not a boast, just a fact.
There were the two I mentioned and the Newport cup game when I went in the first half of extra time when we were behind and down to 10.. But other than that, it was only ever the 5 minutes before the end when my dad used to take me and wanted to beat the traffic.

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
Can also say never, was very tempted last season when Burnley came to town and Weghorst ate us alive though!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
TBF, Killie are woeful, 0-4 after 27 minutes.
It’s just a stupid league though isn’t it, and these scorelines are just embarrassing and further detract from what little credibility the SPL has. I imagine those who run the SPL hate it when small clubs get mullered by the Old Firm.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Only time I’ve ever left match before the final whistle is when Bournemouth scored their fifth against us in the match at the Amex in Hughton’s last season. Just got up and walked out as no point in staying.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It’s just a stupid league though isn’t it, and these scorelines are just embarrassing and further detract from what little credibility the SPL has. I imagine those who run the SPL hate it when small clubs get mullered by the Old Firm.
They could ill afford to lose home fans in the first place. Must be soul destroying playing in that league. Although they missed a goal as it is 1-4 at half time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The answer hasn't changed.

Elm Park, early 90's.

We weren't even in Berkshire when the final whistle was blown!!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
As something of a lower league groundhopper, Sutton United.

The pitch was like an all-weather racetrack - shocking. I left around 60 minutes and it was 1-1 at the time (one was a penalty, the other a goalkeeper clanger). It finished 1-1. It was quite a way from the train station and being midweek, cold and dark, I wanted to get out of Palaceland and home at a reasonable hour. Still didn't put my key into the door until around midnight though.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Chelsea at home a few seasons ago. I left after about 12 minutes when we were already 2-0 down.

To be fair my landlord had visited us that morning and told us he was selling the place and we had to move out.

Wasn't in the best of moods that day and sitting there watching Hazard rip us apart wasn't high on my list of things I wanted to do that day.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Got kicked out at half time once at Withdean, for smoking, was marched out past a Steward that was having a sneaky fag, by two of his colleagues. Watched the second half from the trees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here