GlenGarry Glen Ross
Se7en
Shadowlands
Duel

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This, a film to be played once when in the "right" mood then put away and stored as a memory.

Parts of this film just had me burst into tears, that part where the Nazi was just shooting random jews from his balcony for no reason, really made me think long and hard at how someone's life could just literally be wasted, everything they've done and everything they will do, just wasted by a guy without a care in the world for them. The red girl bit had me going too.

I give credit to the actors and Speilberg, who admittedly said he found it an incredibly difficult to see it through to the end.

Spielberg had the film rights for 15 years before he felt ready to make the film. He was going to do a take of a real event with Nazi's throwing babies from balconies and riflemen below trying to shoot them as they fell but felt he could not. A fine balancing act for showing the horrors but not completely alienating people.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close - In my opinion one of the best ever roles played by a child actor.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Difficult to pick a 'best ever' film, so many to choose from, some of my favourites:

Fight Club (obvious I like this one)
The Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan
Seven
Gladiator
Shutter Island

I love psychological thrillers and war films but the latter seems to blend together and I sometimes forget which films are which.

Shutter Island SCREWED me up completely, I had to spend two days answering simple maths questions in order to get my brain back.

Inception is another Leo film, watched it once and had no idea what was going on at all, need to watch it again.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The best comedy film, Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
AI hugely underated imo. I will also throw in

The Prestige
August Rush
Eraserhead
The Elephant Man
Gladiator
Inception
Somewhere in Time
Starman
GlenGarry Glen Ross
Se7en
Shadowlands
Duel

Ah yes Somewhere in time that should be on the list!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Inception is a head****. They went 4 deep and when they came around I believe they were only still at 2 deep and not back in reality. My take, anyway. It is truely a superb film.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A good selection there - but Eraserhead??

I love Lynch, but even I cannot bring myself to watch that film again. One of the best you've ever seen - really?!

I love it as it is completely insane and the cinematography is superb.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Pulp Fiction and Inception are probably my favourite two movies. Could watch them over and over again.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ah yes Somewhere in time that should be on the list!

I LOVE this fim. It may be considered a girls film but I find it stunning and very moving. Definately the most underated film of all time imo. And the soundtrack is probably the best ever written thanks to John Barry.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Life of Brian
first Blood
The Fugitive
ghost

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Spielberg had the film rights for 15 years before he felt ready to make the film. He was going to do a take of a real event with Nazi's throwing babies from balconies and riflemen below trying to shoot them as they fell but felt he could not. A fine balancing act for showing the horrors but not completely alienating people.

****, just trying to vaguely picture that just makes me feel a bit strange, and sick.

It makes me think about God too, where was he in all this?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
****, just trying to vaguely picture that just makes me feel a bit strange, and sick.

It makes me think about God too, where was he in all this?

Alas it happened, Polanski did it in The Pianist when a cripple in his wheelchair did not get up when they came in the room and they threw him over the balcony in his wheelchair.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
Shutter Island SCREWED me up completely, I had to spend two days answering simple maths questions in order to get my brain back.

Inception is another Leo film, watched it once and had no idea what was going on at all, need to watch it again.

Shutter Island is truly a mind f*ck, I also made the mistake of watching it by myself so I then had nobody to talk to it about so all the questions were just going around my mind unanswered! Got to agree with your view of Inception as well, might need to watch that again to fully remember it.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Inception is a head****. They went 4 deep and when they came around I believe they were only still at 2 deep and not back in reality. My take, anyway. It is truely a superb film.

One of my friends said he watched about 8 or 9 times before understanding it:mad:

At every moment throughout I was just thinking, "Wait, is this a dream?".

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Schindler's List.

this along with one of my all time favourites
Doctor Zhivago
and I have just watched again Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid always good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here