1. Schindler's List
2. ET - The Extraterrestial
3. Close Encounters of the Third Time
4. Downfall
5. The Machinist

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Worlds fastest Indian for me first, then Shawshank and green mile as runners up.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
In all seriousness, my favourite film is Festen. A film that manages to be incredibly dark but also quite funny. The acting is unbelievable from a cast of unknowns. Beautiful Girls is one of my favourites too. Almost the opposite of Festen. A light-hearted story of a fella scared of tying the knot who heads back to his hick home town for reassurance and awakening. Star studded but hugely under rated at the box office, it got rave reviews from those in the know. Still stands the test of time. Great performances from Natalie Portman and Michael Rapaport in particular.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If there's a correlation between the best film and the one you've seen the most, then my answer is either:-

Wrath of Khan

or

Cool Runnings.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Shallow Grave
Moonrise Kingdom
A1
The Apartment
Halloween
Close Encounters
Italian Job
Omen
What's New Pussycat

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Bloodbath at the House of Death ( Kenny Everett, Pamela Stephenson, Vincent Price ). The best 'B' movie in my opinion

Ronin ( Jean Reno, Bob De Niro ) Just a brilliant, brilliant flick - car chases, girls, guns etc . what more do you need?

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
Difficult to pick a 'best ever' film, so many to choose from, some of my favourites:

Fight Club (obvious I like this one)
The Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan
Seven
Gladiator
Shutter Island

I love psychological thrillers and war films but the latter seems to blend together and I sometimes forget which films are which.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Only film that has left me thinking about it for months afterwards.
BUT it's not a film to be watched over and over again.

For that, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

This, a film to be played once when in the "right" mood then put away and stored as a memory.

Parts of this film just had me burst into tears, that part where the Nazi was just shooting random jews from his balcony for no reason, really made me think long and hard at how someone's life could just literally be wasted, everything they've done and everything they will do, just wasted by a guy without a care in the world for them. The red girl bit had me going too.

I give credit to the actors and Speilberg, who admittedly said he found it an incredibly difficult to see it through to the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here