Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the BEST film you've ever seen?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Babe

Not the first one either. The sequel 'Pig in the City'

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
On a serious don't know if it's already been mentioned but 'Rise of the Footsoldier'

Fantastic film from start to finish.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
mate all I remember is that Forrest was the all american hero doing his duty for his country whereas his lady friend embraced the liberal counter culture and met a sticky end

seem to remember it getting praise from lots of Republicans at the time for its 'values'

So the whole Bubba getting killed and Sergeant Dan losing his legs and going through hell when he got back completely missed you then?

Kinda of big chunks of the film...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Sci Fi - Star Wars/Close Encounters
Comedy - Big lebowski
Action - Predator
Animation - jungle book
Drama - pulp fiction
Musical - Saturday night fever
Horror - the Shining/Blair witch
World - la Haine
Most watched - the lost boys

Goat lung

Jan 27, 2013
I watched it on my own too, one of those films which when you figure out the ending, makes you question and think about every moment of the film and how it all fits in to place. F*cked me up for a good few days to say the least, and none of my family had seen it so I had no one to talk about it to! A lot of unanswered questions still hanging around, and I watched it about a fortnight ago!

Donnie darko was a bit of a mind **** as well another film I really enjoyed was the sixth sense , it a shame m night shalaman couldn't come up with a film as good even with some good subjects

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Get Carter with Michael Caine (1971).

A proper gangster film that has stood the test of time. The grim scenes around Newcastle were brilliant. I never get tired of watching it.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
For me 'the best film I ever saw' has changed at least 3 times over the last 40 or so years.

First one was The day of the jackal - brilliantly put together and one of the few films that was as good as the book. I wonder how many people have made use of the techniques shown in the movie/book to get themselves a different passport, change their appearance or just disappear. John Stonehouse certainly did.

Second was Raiders of the lost ark. It just had everything that you could want in a movie: action, adventure, nasty Nazi's and a great plot. The DaVinci code seems pedestrian alongside. It was one of the first movies we had on VHS and it was watched quite often - but then again the TV where we were in Africa wasn't up to much.

Third was Jurassic park. This is what movies should be about - a great storyline (and possibly believable given the fascination with cloning at the time). Dinosaurs that, for the first time, looked real and some genuinely scary 'baddies'. This is a movie that needs to be watched on the biggest screen possible and up close.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Third Man for me i think. I never seem to tire of wanting to know more about it.
Only film i have seen more than once in the last 5 years or so is A Separation. Unstoppably gripping and thrilling despite the tension forever growing underneath the increasingly voluminous clamour. Moral, political and emotional scuffles in a country at war with everyone. Just great drama.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Really couldn't pick one but I'd make a case for the Dark Knight being right up there. Superbly paced, sublime performances and exquisite direction, destined to be one of the films of my generation

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So the whole Bubba getting killed and Sergeant Dan losing his legs and going through hell when he got back completely missed you then?

Kinda of big chunks of the film...

Forrest Gump is about as anti war as you can get and about as left wing and anti establishment as you can get and it is a wonderful film. In my top 20 for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here