Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is Forster-Caskey's role in the team?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree with all those saying he played well last night. What pleased me most was that he and Holla appear to be building a good understanding. Holla is the more dynamic player, however JFC seems to realise this and playing to his own strengths he and Holla have the makings of a very strong midfield pair.

Thought we were generally very good, moved the ball quickly (some nice crisp one touch interplay), pressed well, our shape looked to have purpose and was tactically solid. Other than giving them 15mins domination after the deflation of conceding the equaliser, fair to say we dominated the game.

Stumpy Tim

I can't believe there are people who still don't recognise his ability. He's quality - yes he has bad games, but he's very young. He's been the pick of our midfield three recently, though Gardener outshone him last night. He was good last night without being spectacular, but he keeps the ball, he gets his foot in, and will score occasional goals

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have not been over-impressed in the past - but to me he looks to be playing well at the moment. He is brave - he is always available, his movement is good - both creating space and in box to box, and his passing is improving - he is looking to pass forward faster but will also show patience when required. He should not be near a free-kick/corner - but Sami will sort that out.

Back end of last season I thought we may have seen the best of him - but he is still learning the game, and visible improving. Well played Jake.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Keeps play ticking over and last night played some lovely balls through that unfortunately didn't come off by millimetres.
Check his stats for each game, that will tell you why he is in the team.

I used to be like that too when I played...................I always played some smashing through balls that unfortunately didn't reach their targets...........

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I have not been over-impressed in the past - but to me he looks to be playing well at the moment. He is brave - he is always available, his movement is good - both creating space and in box to box, and his passing is improving - he is looking to pass forward faster but will also show patience when required. He should not be near a free-kick/corner - but Sami will sort that out.

Back end of last season I thought we may have seen the best of him - but he is still learning the game, and visible improving. Well played Jake.

Seriously? At twenty years old?! I agree with the rest of your post though.

I for one am delighted that we have produced a regular started for the side from the youth set-up, long may it continue.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought he was good last night. He's not there to be spectacular. He's there to do the simple stuff, and he does it well. I'd agree with keeping him away from set pieces though.

Those saying he needs to make more assists - it's a very odd stat that one, in general. Is a brilliant defence splitting pass, only of any worth if the player on the end of it converts it? JFC played a superb little ball through onto Bennett's run into the box, last night. Marshall pulled off his best save of the night to deny him. Doesn't mean that the original ball was any less good.

It was also Forster-Caskey who almost won it in injury time, whilst every else was arguing about the penalty. If that hadn't deflected just wide, we would be having a very different discussion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought he was ok nothing more. He does have a high pass completion rate, but then so would I if I went backwards or sideways in the main, when not under any pressure.

He fits Sami's style because he keeps possession, the only thing I find baffling is that when Bennett bombs forward, apparently he is supposed to be slotting in (according to one of our scouts), unless I'm missing it each time, I'm not sure this is happening.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
He was very good last night. Unspectacular but neat and tidy.

Didn't Holla completely shank one corner?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thought he had a good game last night. Did well in the middle, shame his finishing couldn't match his midfield play. Imo he is maturing into a decent, albeit unspectacular, grafting midfielder now.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
He was superb last night. I honestly think a few of our fans know sod all about football!

Superb isn't a word i'd associate with his performance last night. Bennett was the best player on view but he wasn't SUPERB either.

pnealesmith

Aug 22, 2014
He was superb last night. I honestly think a few of our fans know sod all about football!

So I ask a reasonable question and because you don't agree I am to be called out as a fan who "knows sod all about football".

I think that statement says a lot more about your small mind than my football knowledge.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have been critical of JFC this season but he has been a lot better last 2 games.still cant understand why the midfield gets rotated but he is the only one that seems to stay in the team.

Thats not quite true, Holla never gets rested either

They are both at present our best 2 holding midfilders thats why the play, our other options are not good enough on the ball in tight areas to play the roll.

JFC was very good last night, people who cant see that are wearing blinkers.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
MOTM for me last night. He was doing some excellent defensive work and his work with the ball was just as good. He was getting the ball in the middle and finding someone in space continually throughout the game. He was the reason the midfield played so well.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Okay, so the biggest cheer from the crowd last night came when our £3milion striker chased down a back pass and won a throw in ! Meanwhile local lads, who have come through the youth system, continue to get unreasonable levels of criticism, it is totally weird. JFC put in another disciplined performance last night. He gives the midfield shape and does a lot of the unheralded grunt work. It may just be me, but we look more of a pushover in midfield, when he is not playing.

Now imagine if CMS was maybe 23-24 and had come through our youth system. Can you imagine the flack and the booing, he would be receiving right now ? Don't get me wrong I am not advocating, getting on the back of one of our more honest and hard working professionals, but the double standards are breath taking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here