Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is Ankergren still doing at the club?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I can't believe how ignorant people are. I think I'll trust the club rather than people on an Internet forum.

However, your second point is ridiculous. So you'd rather put Walton in the team before he's ready and then possibly affect his confidence if he makes a mistake. What a ridiculous comment.

Yeah I'll trust the club too. I thought Obika, Lita and Augustein were great signings.

The thing is I do trust the club to some extent but I just don't get how Ankergren is still there. After watching him play and the affect he has on the team I would also rather have a committed conference keeper fill in than him. Have you seen the 2 Peterborough goals from yesterday? Friendly has nothing to do with it, he looks like a Sunday league goalkeeper who can,t even dive properly.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Should have offered TK another contract on less money if he accepted then released Ankergren as well as Brezovan

You know he'd have accepted less money do you?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Casper is ok. Not brilliant but not worthy of the slaughtering he gets on here. PIG made a howler at Forest last season too, and at Birmingham. Brez was rooted to the spot at Hull in the FA Cup replay for the first goal. The OP is just whining for the sake of it. Casper won't be first choice, but if he starts in a match then you have a choice of getting behind him, as I will do for any Albion player, or booing, just like some did when we had a loan keeper under Poyet, and that was before and during the match.

Exactly this. I really do have no idea why certain people choose to absolutely slaughter a guy who was integral to our league one title winning side 3 years ago. He's not in the class of keepers you expect in the top half of the Championship, but he's perfectly acceptable as a back up keeper. And what has he done wrong apart from be human and make mistakes? He's a consummate professional who keeps in shape and steps in when needed. He won't be first choice, so lets cut him some slack eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here