Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is Ankergren still doing at the club?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It's comments like that that make it clear that you're clueless. Ankergren is a very good League 1 keeper and a decent Championship back up.

Aimed at the Conference keeper comment by the way. I think Walton may well be number two this year.

[edited] please, Ankergren is far from decent at this level and will cost us points, as he has proven time and time again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
He is extremely poor. Flaps at crosses, stays on his line when things need dealing with and when shots are not at him they generally go in. Have only seen Walton v Lewis but already have more faith in him.

If anyone is going to cost us points in goal I would prefer it to be Walton as at least it's for the sake of blooding the youth.

Can't believe we gave such a poor keeper a new contract.

The goals yesterday looked poor

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good experienced back up who is a key member of the changing room apparently. When our No 1 comes in (and he will) he will sit on the bench without any toy throwing and help develop Walton (who I would personally loan to a southern league 2 club to get some much needed experience).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
[edited] please, Ankergren is far from decent at this level and will cost us points, as he has proven time and time again.

So did PIG. All keepers make errors, the ones who make less are playing top flight. As far as a No 2 in the Championship goes, I would say with have a sound one.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He is extremely poor. Flaps at crosses, stays on his line when things need dealing with and when shots are not at him they generally go in. Have only seen Walton v Lewis but already have more faith in him.

If anyone is going to cost us points in goal I would prefer it to be Walton as at least it's for the sake of blooding the youth.

Can't believe we gave such a poor keeper a new contract.

I can't believe how ignorant people are. I think I'll trust the club rather than people on an Internet forum.

However, your second point is ridiculous. So you'd rather put Walton in the team before he's ready and then possibly affect his confidence if he makes a mistake. What a ridiculous comment.

Ankergren is a top keeper at number 2. It is seriously difficult to come into a team for one game every now and then as a goalkeeper and not be nervous or uncomfortable in that position. We also forget that in the League One winning team he kept a large number of clean sheets and made some top saves. Unfortunately, all people seem to remember from that season is an error in the very first game of the season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Ankergren is a top keeper at number 2. It is seriously difficult to come into a team for one game every now and then as a goalkeeper and not be nervous or uncomfortable in that position. We also forget that in the League One winning team he kept a large number of clean sheets and made some top saves. Unfortunately, all people seem to remember from that season is an error in the very first game of the season.

Apparently, according to the thread starter, the clean sheets in the League One championship were all down to the defence and nothing to do with Ankergren.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Because he's good enough to be backup, but not good enough to insist on higher wages or being the number one 'keeper.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I can't believe how ignorant people are. I think I'll trust the club rather than people on an Internet forum.

However, your second point is ridiculous. So you'd rather put Walton in the team before he's ready and then possibly affect his confidence if he makes a mistake. What a ridiculous comment.

Not sure you have ever watched Ankers but he does a great deal in palming shots back into the middle of the area where opposing teams invariably then score. Must admit his distribution is better than Pigs ever was though

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Short memories on here - had a great season when we won the league, never had a tantrum when dropped, great with the ball at his feet, unfairly maligned when he has come back in for the odd game and then dropped a clanger due to being understandably rusty. Happy to have him here while Tony does his slowly slowly catch the monkey transfer dealings.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Your a fool if you believe Ankergren will be our first choice keeper this season.

I would suggest his experience will be invaluable to Walton and our new number one once the season starts.

Yes I agree ,you are an absolute idiot if you believe that.an absolute idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here