Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is all the hype about Buckley ? Is he one for the future ?? I'm not fishi

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
We could turn this into a thread about CMS if you like, as you are his biggest fan and your obsession could continue. Last night's from Buckley even though poor was better than most delivered by him.

I think Buckley avoids criticism as he is still running on the kudos from last year where in many games he was excellent and unplayable at times. He had the knack of coming up with the late goal to win us games.

This season he started ok but has really disappointed for a while now. At one point I thought he was the one player we should not sell but now it's like he's not here anymore anyhow.

So are you a new Brighton fan or a returning one?

Not in Love with CMS just don't like stupid criticism he gets at times .

Your comments on Buckley are valid

I went to every home and away game from 1976 to 1987 and then played a decent standard which ruled out watching on Saturdays and then I was a manager , now I'm free and first thing I done was bought 7 season tickets for me and my boys .. Always loved and followed the Albion

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
No No No.

Buckley and Bruno are an excellent combination, without Buckley in our side we lack genuine pace on the pitch.

Buckley is even more useful away from home when we break and he has more space to run into

Now that makes sense away from home , but my comments are purely based on his home performances this season

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Aimed at you, If you can't see Buckers is a class player then there is something wrong with you, players have off games buckers had one last night, you say this is you 1st season as a season ticket fair enought but if you were a albion fan you would of seen all the class performances he put in last season or the the good credit he got on here.

Nothing wrong with me , he has done nothing consistently this season in home games , Last season his History , I don't believe 70% of the stuff written on here .

My comment is purely based on this seasons home performances , I have no interest in what any player done last season and no player should be able to live off what they done last season .

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Nothing wrong with me , he has done nothing consistently this season in home games , Last season his History , I don't believe 70% of the stuff written on here .

My comment is purely based on this seasons home performances , I have no interest in what any player done last season and no player should be able to live off what they done last season .

He's obviously got something biomechanical going on as it is well-known that he has got dodgy hamstrings.

Last season he was coaxed along with this in mind. This season early on as LuaLua had his own problems I think Buckley was probably played too much and too often.

Now we seem to be managing it as best we can. Even if he's not playing particularly well I think we need the width he or LuaLua offer in our lineup.

Your last comment is rather strange bearing in mind your unrelenting support for CMS.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
He's obviously got something biomechanical going on as it is well-known that he has got dodgy hamstrings.

Last season he was coaxed along with this in mind. This season early on as LuaLua had his own problems I think Buckley was probably played too much and too often.

Now we seem to be managing it as best we can. Even if he's not playing particularly well I think we need the width he or LuaLua offer in our lineup.

Your last comment is rather strange bearing in mind your unrelenting support for CMS.

My comments re CMS were based on what ive seen in home games,his goal ratio , work rate and our other options. His goal ratio is drifting but his work rate hasn't and he would have dragged tired defenders about creating more room for Vicente and Orlandi to operate in for the last 15 last night.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Was poor last night, but id still rather start Buckley than LuaLua.

LuaLua is just an impact player from the bench - when he has started - he hasnt really done anything, in fact he didnt really do anything last night.

Buckley is a class player, but he is just off form at the moment.

Mar 10, 2006
I find Buckley looks overawed when Vicente is playing - maybe he lacks the confidence to believe that he can have as big an impact on the game as the spanish maestro

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
I find Buckley looks overawed when Vicente is playing - maybe he lacks the confidence to believe that he can have as big an impact on the game as the spanish maestro

Our not he first but i Can't believe this view and wonder if you have ever played the game , I don mean that in a dis respectful way.

Its a fact that Players play better and rise to the occasion when they play with or against better players. Big players rise to the occasion .

If what your sayings is true ( and i hope to God it isn't ) then Buckley should drop a league and be a big fish in a small pond because we are going up and we will only be getting better players added to the squad.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Buckley would be playing up front if i was manager.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here