Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is all the hype about Buckley ? Is he one for the future ?? I'm not fishi

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Ok it's my first season as a STH and I'm probably going to get shot but what is all the hype about Buckley ?

I've seen every home game this year and never seen him be effective for any longer than a 15 minute period in any one game.

Yes when he does there are glimpses of a very good player but this year at home imo he has only given us 90 minutes ( being generous) of that potential in all his appearances put together.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I thought last night was one of his worst games for us. Has lost all confidence in his ability to breeze past fall backs and his control was shocking too.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think he's in poor form recently. But perhaps it's the string of niggally injury problems he's had. At the moment I'd prefer KLL in from the start.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
I thought last night was one of his worst games for us. Has lost all confidence in his ability to breeze past fall backs and his control was shocking too.

Other than a 10 minute spell he normally gives which was missing, I thought It was pretty standard from him his season

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
He's had a lot of injury problems this season.

So has Vicente and CMS but that didn't stop half of everyone on here wanting them out

And despite only scoring double figures lol , CMS gives more to the team when he's not scoring than Buckley has all season

So I'm just wondering why Buckley avoids any criticism on here .....

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Looked off the pace and a little confused last night. There was a lot of free roaming for a few players last night and I think Buckley always looks awkward when Vicente is on the pitch :shrug:

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Err yes they were, they were also very organised, there right back was the weak link that's why lua lua came on

We will have to disagree on the doubling up , Why didn't super star Buckley exploit the right back then ?

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Looked off the pace and a little confused last night. There was a lot of free roaming for a few players last night and I think Buckley always looks awkward when Vicente is on the pitch :shrug:

That just backs my case up , any decent winger / forward with pace to burn would love to have Vicente picking them out with his passes

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
I don't think he went round a single player last night, but it was his first game for a while. Once he gets a string of games he'll be back to his best

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Have we ever had Buckley and Lua Lua on the same wing together?

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
From the WSU you could see him making good runs on the shoulder of the last man, he was just never picked out - therefore i'm not sure it is always his fault. We all know he is better with the ball in front of him heading towards goal, rather than with his back to it, but he never got that opportunity. He was poor last night but let's not forget it only takes one moment, e.g against Hull when he brushed off their fullback that led up to our goal. He has the potential to be a very good player.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I thought that Buckley looked a shadow of his former self last night and a very average player. I don't think he went past his man once and showed no real pace and conviction in anything that he did. If he is still not match fit and he is worried about his hamstrings I can understand his reluctance to go for broke but should he play rather than KLL in that case?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here