What is all the hype about Buckley ? Is he one for the future ?? I'm not fishi

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Buckley did not have one of his best games last night and would guess that is why he was replaced by Lua Lua who actually showed better when he was on. Maybe he is still recovering from his injury

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think he needs Calde.

They had such good rapport going last season, and I don't think he's ever quite clicked with Bruno.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I think he needs Calde.

They had such good rapport going last season, and I don't think he's ever quite clicked with Bruno.

That could be it - he's certainly not the player he was last season when he was knocking the ball past defenders for fun. This season he doesn't seem to have the confidence to take on the full backs in a one-on-one situation.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He has been poor for a couple of months now. Very worried but as others have said he has had 2/3 injuries in this period.

Stumpy Tim

KLL was just as bad when he came on. He seemed very reluctant to take on the full-back for some reason. On a number of occasions he had isolated the full-back but seemed to wait for another Blackburn player to double up on him. Would have been a hero if that shot had gone in, but I was puzzled by his performance when he came on

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
So has Vicente and CMS but that didn't stop half of everyone on here wanting them out

And despite only scoring double figures lol , CMS gives more to the team when he's not scoring than Buckley has all season

So I'm just wondering why Buckley avoids any criticism on here .....

We could turn this into a thread about CMS if you like, as you are his biggest fan and your obsession could continue. Last night's from Buckley even though poor was better than most delivered by him.

I think Buckley avoids criticism as he is still running on the kudos from last year where in many games he was excellent and unplayable at times. He had the knack of coming up with the late goal to win us games.

This season he started ok but has really disappointed for a while now. At one point I thought he was the one player we should not sell but now it's like he's not here anymore anyhow.

So are you a new Brighton fan or a returning one?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Weird how Buckley seems to be having a career in reverse. He starts out as this confident, unplayable player with speed and guile ... now he seems hesitant, lacking confidence and frankly a bit lightweight.

Hope it's just a phase, because he's a very talented footballer, as we know.

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
Weird how Buckley seems to be having a career in reverse. He starts out as this confident, unplayable player with speed and guile ... now he seems hesitant, lacking confidence and frankly a bit lightweight.

Hope it's just a phase, because he's a very talented footballer, as we know.

He will come good, he has a lot more to his game than wing play, as he gets older and bulks up i expect to see him as a more central striker in the Henry, Walcott fashion

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Buckley does not seem to play to his strenghts when Vicente is on the pitch, he always seems to hold off and do things simple as oppossed to his usual flamboyant running, Vicente seems to be better wquipped with KLL. They seem to have a good understanding.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Who's that aimed at ? And I think I'm missing your constructive point to the thread

Aimed at you, If you can't see Buckers is a class player then there is something wrong with you, players have off games buckers had one last night, you say this is you 1st season as a season ticket fair enought but if you were a albion fan you would of seen all the class performances he put in last season or the the good credit he got on here.

D

Deleted member 18477

Aimed at you, If you can't see Buckers is a class player then there is something wrong with you, players have off games buckers had one last night, you say this is you 1st season as a season ticket fair enought but if you were a albion fan you would of seen all the class performances he put in last season or the the good credit he got on here.

this. buckley is one of our most dangerous players when he's fully fit. hes a class act. OP should also note that martin olsson is a good left back whos good enough for the prem and is a current regular international with sweden.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The Watford fans were spot on. He can be man of the match and murder teams, with his pace single handed. Or he can be a waste of space and seem not interested. Personally I would have him on the bench atm and start Lualua over him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Would rather have seen Spanish Dave or Lua Lua

No No No.

Buckley and Bruno are an excellent combination, without Buckley in our side we lack genuine pace on the pitch.

Buckley is even more useful away from home when we break and he has more space to run into

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Yeah Buckley was poor last night, but I'd still start him ahead of KLL every time. I can't remember the last time he went past someone!
Anyhow, I guess Lopez will be back next Tues so don't really matter!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I like Buckley but would have taken £5million from Swansea if offered as suggested on here.

Club's in our position need to buy low, sell high and every player has his price. A £4million profit on the transfer fee in less than two seasons would have been a great deal.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Buckley is a tearaway beauty. Blackburn played about 8 yards from goal so it wasn't easy to speed past their defenders into such minute space. I guess he might have a tender hamstring on his mind, so a couple of games going at full pelt will have him splendiferous again. I think he's great and is our starting winger, certainly when we play with one out and out frontman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports